• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Holographic scope for yotes?

Rynham9

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2012
Enid, OK
I have been considering putting a holographic sight with a magnifier on my R15 .223 for predator hunting. Does anybody have any advice. I have no experience with this type of scope but it seems more practical than my tradition mil-dot. Thanks...

Re: Holographic scope for yotes?

Eotech is awesome, upclose, moving, or fast shots I don't think you can beat it, great situational awareness. No parallex, accurate as far as my eyes are. Got a cheap Mako 3X magnifier for it, hate the combination, its heavy and it seems to cause parallex, FOV is still ok, but it magnifies the frame of the sight so it seems smaller, and the eye relief sucks. These may not be issues with other magnifiers. I put on a 3-9X that I had for hunting. May get a 1-4X

Re: Holographic scope for yotes?

Thanks Beef. I missed out on EoTech w/ 3x earlier. Now I'm back and forth b/w NF and EoTech. My other NXS's are hard to beat but for this stick I keep leaning toward the holographic route. Thanks again for the info.