• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HOLOSUN enclosed circle/dot sights

Eric B.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I own two HOLOSUN circle/dot sights. The 509T is on my RUGER 57 pistol and the AEMS is on my RUGER PC chassis carbine. Neither are a "cheap date" at over $400. each.
**Sage Dynamics Youtube site has tested the 509T with 20(!!) 5 foot drops on concrete and it has survived with no zero shift.
The AEMS is new so only four drops so far (he does a drop every 500 rounds) and it is still performing well even though it is attached to a heavier carbine (for which it is made) rather than a lighter pistol.

Yes, HOLOSUN is a Chinese company BUT they make the absolute most feature-filled red dots and some of the very most rugged red dots. Hate to say it but Aimpoint needs to get off its hands and begin offering the features found on these HOLOSUN sights, namely 1.) ShakeAwake passive on-off switch 2.) solar panel that permits a no-battery reticle in sufficient ambient light 3.) three reticle choices via a button 4.) excellent night vision reticle brightness levels 5.) clear lens caps on the AEMS carbine sight

Don't knock 'em if you haven't tried 'em.

Reactions: RickLB