• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Holosun EPS Carry vs Leupold DPP for a Staccato C2 CCW

Which should I pick

• Holosun EPS Carry

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Leupold Deltapoint Pro

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (specify in comment)

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TacosGigante

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2013
VA
Looking for an option for a C2 for CCW. I want a reliable optic that is as discreet as possible while still being useful. (This question is just about the optics and not the meta-politics of optics companies. I'm factoring that in as well.)

Debating between the Leupold Deltapoint Pro and the Holosun EPS carry. Price wise it is about a wash. The size and closed emitter of the EPS carry are attractive. This is going to be a carry gun so a smaller optic that is less likely to print is desirable. (Otherwise I'd use a Acro P2 but that thing is a house.) I know that the C2 allows for direct mount for the DPP, which is why I'm considering it, but the EPS carry is so short it is probably smaller even with a plate.

I am worried about the durability of the Holosun long term and hear that the customer service is poor. OTOH, open emitters are obsolete.

Anyway, any real-world experience and advice?

I have an EPS carry. I really like it a lot. I especially like it being fully enclosed.

I've never used the other one you mentioned.

Depending on the host a regular EPS might be a good option. Again not 100% familiar with the host you mentioned.

I just ordered a CS with the leupold but more than likely replace it with a trijicon or eotech. I agree that an Acro P2 is probably a bit hefty but I really like my P2.

Reactions: Milf Dots
I just ordered a CS with the leupold but more than likely replace it with a trijicon or eotech. I agree that an Acro P2 is probably a bit hefty but I really like my P2.
I like mine too, but it is big! Why do you think you are going to switch out the leupold for another open emitter?

IMO Trijicon still owns EDC/Duty with the RMR RM07.

The EPS looks good... but IDK if it's such a great idea to be an early adopter with anything that one needs to trust one's ass too, especially if it says "made in China" on it.

I'm no red dot snob either, I have a couple of Holosuns on some range toys that have been great for thousands of rounds, but I still wouldn't go to war with one when an "industry standard" dot is only a couple hundred bucks more.

I've seen more than one DPP fuck up at USPSA matches with my own eyes, and I've read too many stories of them having to go back to the mothership and guys having backups for their backups on the Enos forum to ever own one.

I have to disagree that all open-emitter dots are obsolete now that there are a few closed-emitter options out there. The Aimpoints have been a train wreck, and Holosun is, well, Holosun... I'd feel much better knocking into shit every day with a proven Trijicon stuffed in my pants and knowing that it's unlikely I'll get in a gunfight while out in a downpour.

Reactions: Jaybird 220
IMO Trijicon still owns EDC/Duty with the RMR RM07.

The EPS looks good... but IDK if it's such a great idea to be an early adopter with anything that one needs to trust one's ass too, especially if it says "made in China" on it.

I'm no red dot snob either, I have a couple of Holosuns on some range toys that have been great for thousands of rounds, but I still wouldn't go to war with one when an "industry standard" dot is only a couple hundred bucks more.

I've seen more than one DPP fuck up at USPSA matches with my own eyes, and I've read too many stories of them having to go back to the mothership and guys having backups for their backups on the Enos forum to ever own one.

I have to disagree that all open-emitter dots are obsolete now that there are a few closed-emitter options out there. The Aimpoints have been a train wreck, and Holosun is, well, Holosun... I'd feel much better knocking into shit every day with a proven Trijicon stuffed in my pants and knowing that it's unlikely I'll get in a gunfight while out in a downpour.
Thanks for the feedback. You mentioned that the aimpoints are train wrecks. What’s wrong with them? I know the P1s had battery issues but I thought the P2s were GTG.

Thanks for the feedback. You mentioned that the aimpoints are train wrecks. What’s wrong with them? I know the P1s had battery issues but I thought the P2s were GTG.

The P1 falling on its face is well documented... but with the P2, for me, it's just that they're too niche, there just aren't enough of them out there to know if they are truly vetted enough to call them good to go. For what they cost, and after what happened with the P1, I don't know too many guys who are willing to see if that juice is worth the squeeze (including me).

Honestly, as a guy who's owned/run a bunch of 1911s/2011s, I would think hard about one for EDC/CCW. I appendix carry at ~1 o'clock, and cocked and locked pointed at my dick/femoral isn't the easiest thing to live with day in and day out. IMO, for EDC/CCW, I keep it boring and bombproof, G17 or G19, no fancy paint job, no dumb shit hanging off 'em, business.

As with most things, all of this is subjective, what works for me may not work for you.

The P1 falling on its face is well documented... but with the P2, for me, it's just that they're too niche, there just aren't enough of them out there to know if they are truly vetted enough to call them good to go. For what they cost, and after what happened with the P1, I don't know too many guys who are willing to see if that juice is worth the squeeze (including me).

Honestly, as a guy who's owned/run a bunch of 1911s/2011s, I would think hard about one for EDC/CCW. I appendix carry at ~1 o'clock, and cocked and locked pointed at my dick/femoral isn't the easiest thing to live with day in and day out. IMO, for EDC/CCW, I keep it boring and bombproof, G17 or G19, no fancy paint job, no dumb shit hanging off 'em, business.

As with most things, all of this is subjective, what works for me may not work for you.
Roger. I don't do AIWB so that is less of a concern.

Reactions: CK1.0
I've got a C2 that I carry AIWB, and I don't think the optic is a major factor in concealment. Carry what you think will work the best. I run an RMR on mine.

If you want a small optic, Dawson offers a RMRcc plate and this is what I intend to run on my CS when it arrives.

Reactions: TacosGigante
I don't have an EPS but I am issued a 509T. They are very reliable. I'll second the importance of a closed emitter. I get a lot of junk on my optic, especially carrying concealed. It's nice to be able to just wipe it off.

I do not have extensive experience with either, but I’ve shot and handled both. In terms of both footprint and reliability, I’d take an EPS/carry over the DPP. I plan on getting a C2 this year as well, and am torn between getting an EPS or using an RMR I already have. No concerns about the reliability imo.

I like mine too, but it is big! Why do you think you are going to switch out the leupold for another open emitter?
No experience with the Leupold but I have with the trijicon (and eotech). I really like the smaller profile of the trijicon…especially for CCW. BUT if the Leupold is about the same then its GTG.

I have an ACRO P2 on one of my AR platforms and love it. But I cannot see it being very fun to use for a “micro” or “Sub-compact” IWB carry optic.

Acro P-2 is GTG as a duty rated, highly water resistant closed emitter optic. Aimpoint solved the only two annoyances of the P-1: battery size/duration, and feel of controls. For an open emitter optic I'd go with the Trijicon RMR type2, RMRcc, or Ameriglo Haven (Ameriglo is owned by Trijicon).

Last edited: