• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Holosun HS503G ACSS

Tonto20

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2017
ATX
Has anyone had any problems with this optic? Chevron was blurry and small, then unit all together stopped working after 25 rounds? Has anyone had any experience with Holosun customer service in the past?

Where did you get yours? Maybe the battery is dead?
If you have astigmatism, any LED based RDS will have blurry effect to your eyes.
The 503G should be used with a magnifier if you want to be precise with that chevron tip, but it’s never designed for precision work, you should use a scope with etched reticle.

Reactions: Tonto20
Has anyone had any problems with this optic? Chevron was blurry and small, then unit all together stopped working after 25 rounds? Has anyone had any experience with Holosun customer service in the past?

Enjoy your communist chink shitbox

• Haha
Reactions: Ric O'shay
Where did you get yours? Maybe the battery is dead?
If you have astigmatism, any LED based RDS will have blurry effect to your eyes.
The 503G should be used with a magnifier if you want to be precise with that chevron tip, but it’s never designed for precision work, you should use a scope with etched reticle.
Bought it off the exchange here about 3 months ago. First time sighting it in on a cheap truck gun. Tried a new battery, still a no go. Thanks for the advice though.

Plenty of Holosuns rolling around… no experience with that specific model but of the ones that I’ve used, they have all been solid.

They should take care of you no problem.

Mine works great, none of those issues.

Try calling holosun and see if they will help. Im curious how they will treat you given you bought it used

Yours must be a dud, I've got several of them and all have worked well. That said, I've had a couple other Holosuns that shit the bed presumably with QC issues. Nothing else out there that I'm aware of does what the HS503G does for its size and weight, I love them. I wish the coatings were better at transmitting near-IR wavelengths and for a lower minimum brightness setting, but that's about it.

Took a class last weekend taught by a former CAG member. His experience even mentioned that these Holosun red dots either "run 25k rounds, or die at 50." Hopefully it's just a QC issue. It was during his class this happened.