• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Holster for DW Discretion

Kadams1563

Giver of Bad Advice
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    North Texas
    Hey guys, I am needing an OWB holster for a full size Dan Wesson Discretion with a X300 attached.

Who do y’all recommend? I have not bought any holsters in a while.

For what?

Competition, chores around the yard, field carry, discreet carry...

Is there a specific purpose for the holster or do you just want something that'll hold the gun, and do you have a price range and material preference?

Then we get into Outer Waistband where, do you prefer small of back, 3 o'clock, 5 o'clock, cross draw, so on and so forth?

Suppose we should also know whether or not you want extra retention on the holster as well.

Just need a holster to carry the gun around, something that will work for the range but could also throw a jacket over if needed.

No drop style competition holsters or thigh rigs. Something on the belt.

Will be located at the 3 o’clock position and $100 or so for a holster seems reasonable.

General OWB holster for a 1911 with an x300, anybody that says something like "doesn't work with Dan Wessons or Springfields," message them.
    I don't know that any of that shit will apply with the giant light version.

To get the thing to tuck to the body a little more, if wanted, for concealability, put a wedge on the bottom of it, it'll tilt the grip into the body.
    For the price, if whatever holster makers can't figure out with DW guns is present, just heat the thing up and move the kydex so it fits, put the gun in a plastic bag or two, heat it up and jam it in if you want the quick and retarded way.
    Otherwise heat the specific area and use a knife handle, screwdriver handle, dowel, your finger in a glove, whatever, to move the kydex so your gun fits.

But the giant light likely takes care of things for you. I modify my shit so much I don't even think about stuff like this, especially because you aren't looking for anything special and don't care about extra retention methods. If your barrel is too long, cut the end cap of the holster off.

Shit doesn't need to be rocket surgery. Here's a cheap thing on sale, I have a very similar holster for my P320 with streamlight tlr 1 HL, it works...

1677443245133.png

Reactions: Kadams1563