• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Holster for Glock 17 with X300?

Austincqc

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2010
TX, USA
Hey all,

I really need to get a holster for my Glock 17. It's not a CCW, but I will use it for carbine courses and other training. I have a X300 Surefire.

Any thoughts on a holster that I can use with my G17 and X300?

Thanks

Re: Holster for Glock 17 with X300?

safariland 6004 works well, fobus paddle if you are a budget is nice too.

I have both the Safariland 6004 and a Raven Concealment. I probably use the Raven 90% of the time.

I already have a safariland 6005 for a Beretta 92 with the thigh rig...I wonder if I can get just the holster without the rig.

If not, I really have no use for the holster I have.

Safariland 6004 for the win.

I would suggest you just go head and buy the whole rig unless you DON'T plan on switching back and forth. Running those screws in and out will make them more prone to falling out at the wrong time.

I agree with you LoneWolf. I don't own the 92f anymore, so I wouldn't swap them out.

I have to look closer at the 6004 to see the differences...and price the holster vs entire rig.

I will say that if you go with a 6004 run it as high as you can. I usually ditch the top strap and really cinch down the belt hanger so it's only a little lower than a standard belt holster. This is faster on the draw and doesn't flop as bad when running.

+1 for blade tech. I got mine a few weeks ago and its NICE!!! Get the tek lok attachment

If you want to save a few bucks you can buy a 6280 holster (the body is the same as the 6004/6005) and use your existing leg platform since you say you don't use it. The 6280 usually runs a bit less. Many other Safariland holsters will also fit if you want a different style (ALS, with or w/out SLS hood, etc). And yes, run it as high as you can.

Yep, the 6280 in STX tactical is one of the better ways to get into the SLS system for a low price.

If you want the holster to ride higher, Safariland makes a 1 strap version of the holster plate called the 6004-10, IIRC. It allows you to get the holster body up much closer to the belt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Safariland 6004 for the win.

I would suggest you just go head and buy the whole rig unless you DON'T plan on switching back and forth. Running those screws in and out will make them more prone to falling out at the wrong time. </div></div>

+1

Got 6005, its same than 6004 except it has quick detach clip for belt.

#1 on what Matt284 said. Also check out Safariland's QLS system. Works great

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakhamr81</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chucky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take a look at raven concealment. </div></div>

And wait 12 weeks.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2067006#Post2067006</div></div>

All great things are worth the wait.
laugh.gif

Besides, they don't charge you until it ships, what do you have to lose?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Raabe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Raven concealment is the way to go http://www.ravenconcealment.com/ </div></div>
Seriously is the way to go. I am a firearms instructor. I wear and use my gear to train in 5-6 days a week. I use my Raven for slide manipulation ect and it is amazing. The most comfortable holster I have ever worn. I just ordered one for my M&P with a X300. The holster fits tight against the body. Being that its a Glock 17 if you dont like it I guarantee you could sell it. In fact I would buy it. I have a buddy that needs it. The mag pouches are also worth the wait btw. Im fixing to do a video review of the holsters and rifle, pistol mag pouches.

IMG_9421.jpg

IMG_9389.jpg

The Ravens are great, only problem is the 3 month wait. You could buy some kydex and a heat gun and teach yourself how to make one in that time. Or check out kaluban cloak.

http://www.calsentllc.com/page04.html

They've got about a one week wait.

(That reminds me I have to cancel my latest order with Raven that I placed 9 weeks ago, since I found Kaluban)

The Ravens are great, only problem is the 3 month wait. You could buy some kydex and a heat gun and teach yourself how to make one in that time. Or check out kaluban cloak.

http://www.calsentllc.com/page04.html

They've got about a one week wait. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TrooperBrian</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakhamr81</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chucky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take a look at raven concealment. </div></div>

And wait 12 weeks.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2067006#Post2067006</div></div>

All great things are worth the wait.
laugh.gif

Besides, they don't charge you until it ships, what do you have to lose?</div></div>

I need a holster now, not twelve weeks from now. The holster shouldn't take longer to make than the gun.

+1 on the Kaluban. I have carried with mine for a week or so since I got it. Really impressed so far. Fit is great and snug but not too snug. Great to carry with so far.

Alright boys and girls...

Having been a longtime RC holster guy, I've concluded a few things now having used the Kaluben Cloak holster (I will refer to as the KC).

Glock 19 w/ SF X300:
Raven Concealment holster on LEFT - Kaluben Cloak holster on RIGHT
img0289vz.jpg

KC holster:
-Better mounting hardware than RC
(note I have 550 looped around the top left grommet of my RC so it'll stay in place...screw backed out on range and went MIA).

-Considerably thicker kydex than the RC...far more rigid

-You'll notice the KC holster (one on right) is molded so the slide barrel goes all the way to the end vs. the RC doesn't. This means you can use this particular holster for a G19, 17, etc
*Also important to note, I use threaded barrels on some of my Glocks...not an issue at all with the KC....but it has to be specifically annotated in your RC order. It wasn't an option when I bought mine, so my RC is basically useless with my threaded barreled Glock 19s

-You get a considerably more positive retention lock with the KC and I can just about make my pistol fall out of my RC just buy turning it upside down and giving it a LITTLE shake.
*The KC holster retains your pistol whether you have your light attached or not!!!
grin.gif

-The KC holster has about a 10 day lead time
*I got my KC holster and a KC mag pouch cheeper and a hell of a lot faster than I got my RC holster.

Bottom line...

RC makes a great product....Kaluben Cloak makes a better product that is cheeper and faster.

Check out FIST INC

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/14.htm

They will make you whatever you want for what ever gun you want, and you can get their hybrid line with leather on the outside and a thin kydex lining (quiet like leather and quick like kydex). The holster seen here is a inside the pants or will run on the belt.

We are issued Safarilands and their good holsters .But their customer service Sucks we had 2 of the hood locks break and they would not respond for warranty or parts replacement.

I heard they have great customer service. I always get replies directly. Try sending them an email, I'm sure they'll sort out your holster.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alright boys and girls...

Having been a longtime RC holster guy, I've concluded a few things now having used the Kaluben Cloak holster (I will refer to as the KC).

Glock 19 w/ SF X300:
Raven Concealment holster on LEFT - Kaluben Cloak holster on RIGHT
img0289vz.jpg

KC holster:
-Better mounting hardware than RC
(note I have 550 looped around the top left grommet of my RC so it'll stay in place...screw backed out on range and went MIA).

-Considerably thicker kydex than the RC...far more rigid

-You'll notice the KC holster (one on right) is molded so the slide barrel goes all the way to the end vs. the RC doesn't. This means you can use this particular holster for a G19, 17, etc
*Also important to note, I use threaded barrels on some of my Glocks...not an issue at all with the KC....but it has to be specifically annotated in your RC order. It wasn't an option when I bought mine, so my RC is basically useless with my threaded barreled Glock 19s

-You get a considerably more positive retention lock with the KC and I can just about make my pistol fall out of my RC just buy turning it upside down and giving it a LITTLE shake.
*The KC holster retains your pistol whether you have your light attached or not!!!
grin.gif

-The KC holster has about a 10 day lead time
*I got my KC holster and a KC mag pouch cheeper and a hell of a lot faster than I got my RC holster.

Bottom line...

RC makes a great product....Kaluben Cloak makes a better product that is cheeper and faster. </div></div>

Could you please show some pics of the mounting systems?
Thank's for your review.

Another thing with the KC hardware is that it is reversible if yoy get the in the pants loops. When I got my holster for my Glock 27 it was set up for in the pants wear. I simple removed the two screws (by the way they are secured with lock tight) and flipped them around to wear as a belt holster. Pretty slick.

And I can't stress this enough, I got it in a week. Compare that to Raven's 12 week wait time and your a fool to wait the 12 weeks. If Raven doesn't fix their production time, they are going to lose a lot of business. These are fairly simple to make, it's only a matter of time before someone is setup to crank these out in large quantities.

Oh wow...I'm diggin' those KC for the price AND the wait time! Great review btw in the link!!

I was given the advice to get a separate holster for my light so that I can use it without waiving my gun around but snap it on when I need to. I don't know how comfortable I am with that idea. I'd much rather have it snapped on so that I can remove it if I don't feel a threat and need to shed some light on the situation rather than need to snap it on when adrenaline is pumping and stress levels go up. Thoughts?

Nevermind, dumb question. I have a small and powerful LED light with a holster that I'll use. Two is one...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AustinCQC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh wow...I'm diggin' those KC for the price AND the wait time! Great review btw in the link!!

I was given the advice to get a separate holster for my light so that I can use it without waiving my gun around but snap it on when I need to. I don't know how comfortable I am with that idea. I'd much rather have it snapped on so that I can remove it if I don't feel a threat and need to shed some light on the situation rather than need to snap it on when adrenaline is pumping and stress levels go up. Thoughts?</div></div>

Keep the light dedicated to the weapon, just get a hand held light like the surefire G5 LED.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve_Aryan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just had a buddy order a KC. They are on a long wait now as well.</div></div>

Got mine last week and only waited a week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve_Aryan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just had a buddy order a KC. They are on a long wait now as well.</div></div>
<span style="text-decoration: underline">Here is the situation via Eugene's post on Lightfighter:</span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-style: italic">We will go from a stand down to a complete shutdown tomorrow - 19OCT10. All order forms and most emails will be disabled. Any outstanding orders will continue to be made. Right now, our lead is already pushing to 2-3 weeks, because our old technology just cannot sustain the process. No, matter what we do, it just can't keep up. So, whoever is betting on us approaching Raven's lead time is about to win. This shut down will help us avoid our lead time ever going more than 30 days.

New people have been hired, but would take time to get completely trained. We will have a dedicated front end assistant to deal with the phones and answer questions. We will have more people in the back end as well.

On top of that, we will move from a 100% hand made product, to roughly 80% of it will be processed by highly accurate (very expensive) CNC lasers and thermo-forming machines. Only final adjustments and fit testing will be done by human hands.

Other admin stuff like the website and the ordering process will continue to change. I have talked about this with viking_overlord, and he was gracious to give me good comments, not about the products, but the process.

We are at a state of flux, we either do this or watch our quality control deteriorate. Right now, our ability to communicate with customers is already free falling - almost terminal velocity. The BARALT is spinning, making it harder to maintain delta :)...

We can no longer support a "cash and carry" operation which most of our customers expect. We have to suck it up and realize where we stand in order to get better - we now SUCK! SO - embrace the suck :)...

When we get through this challenge, watch us - we will unseat industry leadership!!!

Signing off for now...</span></span>

You have to respect folks who at least recognize their limitations and adapt to overcome them...I give them kudos for shutting down temporarily & not taking further orders while they get caught up. Eugene's theory is to not fall behind a 30-day delivery eight-ball. I would rather hear the facts up front like the red text above....than just hope my holster arrives this fiscal year.

Anyways, thought I would share what I read elsewhere.

Also, checkout http://www.atomicdogholsters.com/Main.html Brian is just tweaking his weaponlight holster fits now, but should have them up as an option soon.

There is really nothing all that special about Raven holsters. It's two pieces of hot kydex that got put in a press. It doesn't take a degree in astro-physics to smush two pieces of hot plastic together, then rivet and shape them. Lots of different guys are making them, because it's easy to do for less than Raven charges.

Might as well shop around. Good luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve_Aryan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just had a buddy order a KC. They are on a long wait now as well.</div></div>
<span style="text-decoration: underline">Here is the situation via Eugene's post on Lightfighter:</span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-style: italic">We will go from a stand down to a complete shutdown tomorrow - 19OCT10. All order forms and most emails will be disabled. Any outstanding orders will continue to be made. Right now, our lead is already pushing to 2-3 weeks, because our old technology just cannot sustain the process. No, matter what we do, it just can't keep up. So, whoever is betting on us approaching Raven's lead time is about to win. This shut down will help us avoid our lead time ever going more than 30 days.

New people have been hired, but would take time to get completely trained. We will have a dedicated front end assistant to deal with the phones and answer questions. We will have more people in the back end as well.

On top of that, we will move from a 100% hand made product, to roughly 80% of it will be processed by highly accurate (very expensive) CNC lasers and thermo-forming machines. Only final adjustments and fit testing will be done by human hands.

Other admin stuff like the website and the ordering process will continue to change. I have talked about this with viking_overlord, and he was gracious to give me good comments, not about the products, but the process.

We are at a state of flux, we either do this or watch our quality control deteriorate. Right now, our ability to communicate with customers is already free falling - almost terminal velocity. The BARALT is spinning, making it harder to maintain delta :)...

We can no longer support a "cash and carry" operation which most of our customers expect. We have to suck it up and realize where we stand in order to get better - we now SUCK! SO - embrace the suck :)...

When we get through this challenge, watch us - we will unseat industry leadership!!!

Signing off for now...</span></span>

You have to respect folks who at least recognize their limitations and adapt to overcome them...I give them kudos for shutting down temporarily & not taking further orders while they get caught up. Eugene's theory is to not fall behind a 30-day delivery eight-ball. I would rather hear the facts up front like the red text above....than just hope my holster arrives this fiscal year.

Anyways, thought I would share what I read elsewhere. </div></div>

Good find thanks for posting it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakhamr81</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve_Aryan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just had a buddy order a KC. They are on a long wait now as well.</div></div>

Got mine last week and only waited a week. </div></div>

I also got mine in one week. Stupid quick.

IMG_0080.jpg

This is what I got from Eugene:
"I actually shut down taking orders until the end of October, as we are incorporating a new CNC laser cutting system. We need to test that system, while production for old orders will continue and we intend to fill all of them by end of the month."