• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SmartDonkey

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2018
I was shooting with a friend the other day and giving him shit because he had his pistol in a uncle mikes holster. He insisted that he couldn't find a good holster for his gun-- not believing him I assured him that it would be easy.... so far striking out.

The gun is a CZ 75 SP-01 (tactical model- longer threaded barrel -5.2" with very high suppressor sights). He is wanting a right hand- OTW- with some form of positive retention.

I called Safari Land and they said they didn't make anything for that long of a barrel- and then I found a universal fit holster that covered all the options but the first review was from someone complaining it didn't fit their CZ 75 very well. Anyone know of a good one?
Thanks.

20211103_103551.jpg
20211103_103634.jpg
20211103_103647.jpg

Bladetech has a bunch of options and sight channel is plenty big for suppressor height.

The plastic/kydex holsters are easy to modify to take a threaded barrel, just grab the dremel or heat it slightly to reshape it.

I was shooting with a friend the other day and giving him shit because he had his pistol in a uncle mikes holster. He insisted that he couldn't find a good holster for his gun-- not believing him I assured him that it would be easy.... so far striking out.

The gun is a CZ 75 SP-01 (tactical model- longer threaded barrel -5.2" with very high suppressor sights). He is wanting a right hand- OTW- with some form of positive retention.

I called Safari Land and they said they didn't make anything for that long of a barrel- and then I found a universal fit holster that covered all the options but the first review was from someone complaining it didn't fit their CZ 75 very well. Anyone know of a good one?
Thanks.

https://www.anrdesignkydexholster.com/product-category/owb-holsters/

ANR Design has the SP-01 Tactical listed

It's a tough gun to find a holster for. The retention requirement makes it that much harder.. been helping my father and still not seeing one he likes.

Reactions: SmartDonkey
Go to a gun show and have the dude making kydex holsters make you one with his gun while you wait

Reactions: Makinchips208
I agree that anr designs and Adams holsters etc and many others are probably better quality than Blackhawk in general, but what makes this the only thing worse than uncle mikes?
Aaaaand the one thing worse than Uncle Mike’s. 😬

Thanks for the replies.... I'll pass the options on to him and see if one of them appeals to him. Some of the Craft holsters look good to me- but it probably depends on how he wants to carry the gun-- on them the retention strap goes across the hammer. His pistol has a manual safety instead of a de-cocker- so he may want to carry it with the hammer back??

Reactions: Makinchips208
Please don’t buy your friend a Blackhawk serpa that’s the dumbest holster design on planet earth. No offense sir.

Put a light on it and get him an omnivore it indexes on the light.
No offense taken. Thanks for sharing the info!

Thanks for the replies.... I'll pass the options on to him and see if one of them appeals to him. Some of the Craft holsters look good to me- but it probably depends on how he wants to carry the gun-- on them the retention strap goes across the hammer. His pistol has a manual safety instead of a de-cocker- so he may want to carry it with the hammer back??

I always carry my single action condition 1

Couldn’t imagine carrying it any other way

Take a look at Clinger Hosters. They are reasonable on price and have many configurations and its pretty much all I use now.

Black Rhino has one listed for the SP-01. It was the only place I could find a holster for an LTT Elite full sized with an RDO, threaded barrel and Crimson Trace CMR205.

Reactions: SmartDonkey