• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Holster options

desertrat1979

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2006
Southern NV
Want a kydex owb for this. Done a bunch of searches and didn't come up with much.

Attachments

• IMG_20200305_091643322~3.jpg
    IMG_20200305_091643322~3.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 52
In the same spirit as the Rifle Scope Forum - "Tips for Asking Advice About Holsters" and as Jerry McGuire said, "help me, help you".

A few initial filters from the OP would seem to be useful for those willing to opine.

Firearm of interest: 1911 with mounted light

Budget: < $30 $30-$100 > $100

Position of carry:
Right / Left Hip, Appendix, Drop leg, Shoulder, Pocket, Ankle, Lumbar

Concealment:
Open carry v. concealed carry v. inside / outside waistband

Attachment to Person:
Hip paddle, Safariland style QLS / ELS fork system, Belt loop, Clip-on

Carried otherwise:
Brief case, Backpack - inside / outside, Fanny Pack, Vehicle

Security:
Level 1-3, Open top, Speed holster, SERPA style, Thumb break

Adjustable:
Carry angle / height

Material:
Leather, Cordura nylon, Kydex like, Carbon fiber

Color choice:
Black, FDE, Cammo

Firearm accessories:
Rail light / laser, Red Dot Optic, tall suppressor sights, threaded barrel,
magazine / speedloader holder

Holster warranty:
Important or not ?

I didn't get too specific because I want to know what all my options are. It's a RIA Tac FS. The problem I run into is not many (if any) manufacturers list RIA. But they aren't the only ones who make them with a rail. Particularly safariland.

Didn't specify a price because I want to see as many options as I can. I really don't want or need a duty holster, but if that's my best option, it is what it is. In the age of a million and one holster makers, someone somewhere has had to have designed something.

For good OWB holsters, I’d look into:

G-Code
LS Holsters
Hammer Armament
Red Hill Tactical
BladeTech
QVO
Safariland

just to name a few.

as suggested before (might have missed answer) security level...that changes everything

I’d look up a custom kydex maker. Fox Valley Custom Kydex makes great stuff and can do custom imaging on the kydex. So the options are endless

I thought I saw recently that crossbreed now makes holsters for the tlr1 and the tlr6 I believe

Take a look at Tier 1 Concealed:
MORA or SPARA. They have configurations for 1911's with TLR-1 options.

I have their AXIS SLIM IWB holster for my Colt Combat Unit Rail .45 ACP which I appendix carry and I like it very much.

I just got a Level 2 from Dara for a G20 build I’m doing. It seems to be well constructed and worth a look. I haven’t handled any of their other offerings, but am impressed with the one I got.