• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Holster recomendations for S&W Shield

ShtrRdy

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2011
    High Plains
    I picked up a S&W Shield recently and would like to get an IWB holster. Do any of you have one you like to use?

I only pocket carry and OWB carry, but I've been very happy with my Vedder Lightdraw holster. Their Lighttuck IWB gets very good reviews also.

I only use Alien Gear they're fantastic and you can buy just the Kydex shell to use with other guns in the same size range.
    sw-mp-shield-20-9mm-leather-iwb-holster.jpg

AlienGear

Black Arch with ace Drip-Matrix breathable back

ALPHA -X HOLSTER are well worth looking at still like leather but these are really nice

Milt Sparks Versa Max 2

Mother’s milk.......

Been carrying the Shield 40 as an off duty long as they have been out...in a DeSantis Cozy Partner. Hides the pistol quite well and is comfortable.

Here is my S&W Shield Hybrid. Its a Veridian Reactor shell on an AlienGear Cloak Tuck 3 Backer. The Veridian leather backer sux. It loosens up after a month or two. However, by drilling one hole to make the screws align I now have a truly working veridian green lazer holster. This is my summer EDC. This thing works flawlessly. Tight enough that if I take a good tumble the pistol wont fly out.

Hybrid.jpg

Hybrid 2.jpg

Hybrid type holsters might be comfortable, but the retention sucks. Up to you to decide, but I've taken a spill before and had my gun bounce out on the parking lot. Never again.

Look no further than JM Custom Kydex. He does not have bargain basement pricing, so if you're looking to take shortcuts he's not your guy. If you want the best designs and quality up front, he's your guy.

The Incog by G-Code is perfect for the Shield. It was designed in conjunction with Travis Haley of Haley Strategic. Several good YouTube videos walking you all through it.

Talon holsters of Midway, FL are great for IWB M&P shields, Sig P-365, S&W j frame revolvers, and all Rugers.

these are pretty now you just need the chaps and some spers and a pony

Thanks for all the suggestions! I ended up buying a IWB model from Comcealment Express. I really like it.