• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Holster recommendations for 5" 627

Scarface26

knuckle dragger
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Southeast OK
Gents,

Looking for something along the lines of a safariland ALS for the revolver in the subj line. Really would like something with retention (other than gravity) as I'll have this on me either riding or running through the brush after hogs. Won't always be in my hand, hence the need for retention.

I looked on the safari-land holster finder program and came up empty for an ALS for this revolver. Got a buddy with a holster made by Alien Gear for his 4" 627, but no retention, and the alien Gear website did not indicate availability.

I could go IWB, but due to the size of the 5" 627 that gets uncomfortable quickly in certain situations.

Those who carry other revolvers regularly, what do you use for CC, and then what for other.

Thanks and God bless America

Last edited:
Paging @308pirate and any other wheel gunners.

On another note, I'm a fan of IWB for CC. Any recommendations in that arena for an N-frame? Sourdough pancake, maybe?

God Bless America.

Last edited:
Galco Phoenix strongside/crossdraw? It comes with a N frame 5" size.

I bet somebody makes a chest holster that will work for running and riding through bushes.

Gents,

Thanks for the replies. I may have to go this route, but I'd really like Kydex with all kinds of retention on a belt holster.

For CC, the two above seem to be solid.

Happy new year and God bless America