• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Holster recommendations for a G22

Cserv

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
wherever I may roam...
Here is my question. What do you guys recommend? I typically carry a side arm while hog hunting here in SW Fla. Used to have a high thigh ride that I liked, because it didn't contact my rifle while carrying it slung. Don't need super retention or anything. would like easy access with reasonable retention for my G22.
Thanks for any info,
Eric

Re: Holster recommendations for a G22

If you are looking fora kydex pancake type holster Steve at psholsters makes some really nice ones. I have two and the fit is great.

Comp Tac or Blade tech, pick a design that suits you best. Kydex will hold up to the rigors of hunting

Consider the Blade Tech dropped and offset.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Consider the Blade Tech dropped and offset. </div></div>

Yeah I'd have to echo this advice. For a bit more retention, I'd also consider the same "dropped and offset" setup with a Blackhawk Serpa Level 2 duty holster.

I have used multiple blackhawk holsters over the years and love them. Super durable with adjustable retention

Been very happy with Comp-Tac
CTMino.jpg

Check out the Safariland ALS Series of holsters such as the 6378, it's very fast for drawing and has good retention.

Fobus makes great holster for a low price and have good retention without having to push buttons or undo snaps. I have a roto paddle holster and shoulder holster for my ruger p90, I love it.

FWIW, one thing to keep in mind for hunting (more particularly hog hunting) is conditions can get nasty. Look for something with a closed muzzle and less of a speed cut.

Kytac comes to mind to offer both the closed muzzle and no speed cut. Keep in mind, Kytac holsters are handmade by one man, and we all know that can have an effect on lead time. The end result will be uncompromised.

As far as another possibly more readily available option, look at Bianchi. I'm not certain they offer the mentioned features, although I think I have seen one.

Good luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gits</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out the Safariland ALS Series of holsters such as the 6378, it's very fast for drawing and has good retention. </div></div>

I just purchased one of these for about $30 and I'm very pleased. Great retention yet easy to draw. Came with a paddle and a belt loop. I believe it will also mount to any other platform that other safariland holsters can use, like an hsgi udhp.

I have a FISTinc hybrid, leather on the outside Kydex on the inside.