• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Holster to accomodate Glock with weapon light

paraman1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2003
Boise , Idaho
Looking for a holster that will accomodate my G17 with a Streamlight M3 weapon mounted light . I would prefer a drop leg holster as I find it hard to access a belt holster with my Tac vest on .

Re: Holster to accomodate Glock with weapon light

Safariland 6000 series, either ALS (my preference) or SLS.

I have a Safariland 6004 for my G21 with TLR2, easy draw, great retention, and good protection.

+1 for the Safariland with a light. My glock 21 has been on my hip for days on end with my X300 on it and I love it. The straps have a rubber like material on the inside so the straps don't shift and it fits like a glove. I wore it for a week 16 hours a day while teaching my last course and it performed flawlessly while running and driving around in a truck.

Chuck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Safariland 6000 series, either ALS (my preference) or SLS. </div></div>

We are issued these ever since we transitioned to the Glock 22 (sigh)

Blade Tech is outdated tech with a POS retention system.

Buy quality... cry once

Buy crap.. cry twice maybe more when you lose your pistol

plus with the sls option you can trans from drop leg to chest mount in 3 seconds

number 2 would be a G-Code

Number 3 would be a Serpa.... but as far as I know we are the only people in possession of the model that accepts the insight light

Safariland 6004, hands down for a drop-leg holster system...I've used BladeTech, Mad Dog and Safailand at work and have found that Safarilands work best for me. Remember to maintain it, just like any other piece of equipment. I've seen them fail, due to lack of maintenance.

Can someone explain the difference between ALS and SLS Safariland?

Do SLS holsters offer the ALS features plus the "hood"?

I believe the ALS has an extra safety mechanism that "locks" the weapon in place in the holster while the hood is open. By looking on Safarilands website it appears that there is another little lever in between the hood and the holster itself that needs to be manipulated to draw your weaponn.

The SLS is just the hooded holster, place weapon in holster, close hood and it snaps shut.

I use the SLS with a hood guard on my duty belt and I love it. I carry a G22 with a TLR1 weapon light.

I also use an SLS drop leg holster when carrying a taser.

Here is the link that shows a pic and explains in detail what everything is http://www.safariland.com/duty/als.aspx

Go with the Safariland. They have everything you could think of - but they are relatively expensive (worth it IMHO). Our PD issues 6360s and 6365s (1.5" drop) now for our G31/TLR combo. Took a bit to get used to the holseter, but dig it now.