• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Holy crap Sinclair...

slowkota

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2010
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
So I ordered a free catalog from Sinclair Int'l, what shows up?

A giant box sent USPS priority, fill with those air filled packing bags... And my lil catalog! lol

Talk about a waste of money for them! They could've just mailed it like every other magazine gets mailed!

Guess they got money to blow!

Re: Holy crap Sinclair...

Brownell's is the same way.Order a spring and get a USPS Flat Rate box filled with peanuts...and a spring.

Last week, Palmetto State Armory, forward assist, spring,roll pin,dustcover, spring,rod, c-clip.Could hold it in my hand, Could mail it in a small bubble pack envelope. Received a box 17" long 10" wide 8" deep, I did eventually find a small ziploc bag containing my parts inside. It did provide a sort of mini-treasure hunt adventure in unpacking, so I guess I should thank them for the entertainment.

I see the point of wasted money one the catalog, but I know for small parts lots of companies like to ship them in bigger boxes so they are harder for the shipping company to loose. Easier to spend a little extra on shipping than have a pissed off customer and have to reship the parts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brownell's is the same way.Order a spring and get a USPS Flat Rate box filled with peanuts...and a spring. </div></div>

Same thing here on my remington 700 extractor, came in a 5x5x5 box. But it got to me...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcwarrior87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see the point of wasted money one the catalog, but I know for small parts lots of companies like to ship them in bigger boxes so they are harder for the shipping company to loose. Easier to spend a little extra on shipping than have a pissed off customer and have to reship the parts. </div></div>

I hear that! Plus that stuff could possibly get broken or damaged.