• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Holy GAP!!

BigCarrot

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 23, 2011
Dallas, TX
I got my GAP-10 a few days ago, and I must say that I'm thoroughly impressed! This thing is the cats ass! I took it out to the range to do the break in procedure, which SUCKED, but I got a few groups in before they closed and chased me off. I don't have any fancy tools to measure them, but a nickel completely covers them, and a dime comes pretty close. This is coming from a guy that had shot a total of four rounds through an AR before Sunday. I've killed a lot of bottles, cans, and animals in my time with various shitty guns, but the first time I had ever shot at targets was last month when I put together a pretty gnarly 10/22. Until about two months ago I thought a Leupold was the finest scope a man could buy. A good friend of mine who's on here started yapping at me about long range shooting, so I started checking stuff out and ended up ordering this beast, along with a TON of other shit that has now completely filled my spare bedroom. Thanks buddy.
mad.gif
Ken and George have been incredibly helpful, patient and full of info. I'm not so sure that they didn't send me a laser instead of a GAP-10! Thanks for all the time you took to get me going, Ken! I ordered up a sweet bolt gun with all the bells and whistles from them since I was such a pain in the ass on the GAP-10. Here are the specs on this one...

20" Fluted barrel
Surefire break
PRS stock
Geissele HSNM trigger
Ergo grip
Atlas bi-pod
Surefire suppressor (That will hopefully be here at some point before my vision deteriorates so badly that I can't shoot anymore.)
Spuhr mount
Hensoldt 4-16X56 FFP
Hydro dip and/or Cerakote are still up in the air
Here are a few pics that I would say are about 127 MOA on the picture quality scale...

Guns0972.jpg

Guns0942.jpg

Guns0922.jpg

Guns0822.jpg

Guns0812.jpg

Guns0892.jpg

Guns0902.jpg

Guns0872.jpg

Re: Holy GAP!!

Nice looking stick!!!

I'm awaiting a GAP10 from them as well - I will be making more of a conscious effort to not bug them until its done. Ken has been unbelievably helpful even though I was probably more of a thorn in their side.
crazy.gif

Congrats and enjoy!!

Nothing like learning to drive in a Ferrari
wink.gif

Congrats on a really nice setup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing like learning to drive in a Ferrari
wink.gif

Congrats on a really nice setup.</div></div>

Thanks guys! That bug bit me too, although I learned to drive in a Volkswagen...bug!

cs1.jpg

360.jpg

Awesome setup, congrats! You sure went all out and I applaud such a decision. I don't recognize the range, where were the pics taken? I have a POF with a 16.5" barrel that I'm saving money to put a scope on. I'm a novice shooter as well, maybe we should get together in the future and do some blasting. Maybe even do the P-308/GAP-10 comparo everyone wanted to see that didn't end up happening.

Great accuracy, what ammo were you using?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyeDaddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome setup, congrats! You sure went all out and I applaud such a decision. I don't recognize the range, where were the pics taken? I have a POF with a 16.5" barrel that I'm saving money to put a scope on. I'm a novice shooter as well, maybe we should get together in the future and do some blasting. Maybe even do the P-308/GAP-10 comparo everyone wanted to see that didn't end up happening.

Great accuracy, what ammo were you using?</div></div>

I was at Elm Fork in Dallas using either Federal GMM 168's or 175 SMK's from Southwest ammunition. My ADD prevented me from writing it down. I would definitely be up for doing some shooting! I don't really know anyone around here that is into it, so that would be very cool. Shoot me a PM if you ever want to go.

One thing that sucks is that I scoured the internets for hours trying to find the multicam HSRC. I finally found one and was so excited to get it, but it isn't tall enough to fit my gun with the Ergo grip. I'm bummed out about it, and now I'm trying to figure out which one I like more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigCarrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

cs1.jpg

360.jpg
</div></div>

Yours?

FML

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hate you
wink.gif
</div></div>

Awww man! I'm a pretty good dude! I tell you what, if you're even in Dallas I'll take you for a spin. Deal?

Lol. I'm just breakin your balls. That's a hell of a nice rifle and one hell of a nice car my friend. Welcome to your new addiction.

I think the fact that I don't see a bolt action on that gun disturbs me a lot, given that dime stunt you just pulled. You are destroying my belief system, and we all know what happens to someone who's lost their belief system.

There's a lot of PR/LR guys in Dallas. North Texas Rifle Precision comes to mind. Go shoot a match, you'll make some friends.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigCarrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hate you
wink.gif
</div></div>

Awww man! I'm a pretty good dude! I tell you what, if you're even in Dallas I'll take you for a spin. Deal? </div></div>

I'll fly to Dallas from Laredo just for a ride. And some shooting, of course.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dvdt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's a lot of PR/LR guys in Dallas. North Texas Rifle Precision comes to mind. Go shoot a match, you'll make some friends.</div></div>

I should probably get some practice in before I go all willy nilly and enter a match. I might end up shooting myself in the foot!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagallos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigCarrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hate you
wink.gif
</div></div>

Awww man! I'm a pretty good dude! I tell you what, if you're even in Dallas I'll take you for a spin. Deal? </div></div>

I'll fly to Dallas from Laredo just for a ride. And some shooting, of course.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Ready when you are!

ok bro, its deal time!

i dont live that far away, and for a gap10 and nightforce i will be you shooting buddy!

please consider this deal....i will gladly quit my job as a police officer(give me a reason. please?) to live at the range and let you out shoot me whenever you want! lol

i also will need a ample supply of diet dr pepper, protein powder, and whataburger in order to survive..

Being that you are from Dallas and you need to practice well I recommend North Texas Rifle Precision! Give him a call and go out to his range, he has towers at 750, 1000, 1350 and 1780 yards. I am sure you will find somewhere to shoot that nice GAP 10.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigCarrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dvdt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's a lot of PR/LR guys in Dallas. North Texas Rifle Precision comes to mind. Go shoot a match, you'll make some friends.</div></div>

I should probably get some practice in before I go all willy nilly and enter a match. I might end up shooting myself in the foot!
wink.gif
</div></div>

Probably a good idea
smile.gif
Don't by shy though, PR/LR folks are good people...

I imagine you've found the online training here ? It's top notch in my novice opinion and dirt cheap ($10/month). It's also good for some $$ off of a class at Rifles Only which is just a few hours south of you.

I can't wait for my GAP-10!! Seeing these pics isn't helping with the wait
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok bro, its deal time!

i dont live that far away, and for a gap10 and nightforce i will be you shooting buddy!

please consider this deal....i will gladly quit my job as a police officer(give me a reason. please?) to live at the range and let you out shoot me whenever you want! lol

i also will need a ample supply of diet dr pepper, protein powder, and whataburger in order to survive..</div></div>

Man, I'm an outlaw, so you'd probably just end up taking me to work with you!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blklabs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Being that you are from Dallas and you need to practice well I recommend North Texas Rifle Precision! Give him a call and go out to his range, he has towers at 750, 1000, 1350 and 1780 yards. I am sure you will find somewhere to shoot that nice GAP 10.</div></div>

That would great! WIll he let me just go out there to practice, or do I have to sign up for a class?

You guys in Texas always drive nice new cars. I know because I always buy the used ones from Texas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigCarrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok bro, its deal time!

i also will need a ample supply of diet dr pepper, protein powder, and whataburger in order to survive..</div></div>

Man, I'm an outlaw, so you'd probably just end up taking me to work with you!
wink.gif
</div></div>
the best cops grew up being the best criminals.....something to remember
wink.gif

Didn't think it was possible to make a GAP-10 any better. However, putting one in the trunk of that beautiful ride to drive to the range <span style="font-style: italic">does</span> actually bring it up a notch. Very nice!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hate you
wink.gif
</div></div>

+1... Are you married? If not I'll go adopt a sister for you real quick...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigCarrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing like learning to drive in a Ferrari
wink.gif

Congrats on a really nice setup.</div></div>

Thanks guys! That bug bit me too, although I learned to drive in a Volkswagen...bug!

cs1.jpg

360.jpg
</div></div>

May need a different range car when you get your bolt gun..last time I was car-shopping a Starlight or Pelican case would not fit in that trunk LOL.

welcome to the Hide......by the looks of things ....when you get off the fucking bench and and into the dirt, maybe you will want a different ride so as not to sully up the rich Corinthian leather.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">welcome to the Hide......by the looks of things ....when you get off the fucking bench and and into the dirt, maybe you will want a different ride so as not to sully up the rich Corinthian leather.</div></div>

Oh bother! I usually just give my cars to the help when I get them dirty. If you try to clean them, they're just never the same. I have an SUV with black Corinthian leather that doesn't soil as easily that I use when driving amongst the common folk.
wink.gif

The first four years of work experience on my resume consist of milking cows and changing oil at a quick lube joint, so I'm certainly not afraid to get dirty!

Love the gun...and the cars. I would like to get a 360 Spider someday myself. I guess I may have to stop blowing so much $$$ on guns and get serious about the car one of these days. Haha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vette447</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love the gun...and the cars. I would like to get a 360 Spider someday myself. I guess I may have to stop blowing so much $$$ on guns and get serious about the car one of these days. Haha</div></div>

Hell, I was just thinking I should stop blowing so much money on cars so I can buy more guns! I guess they are both good problems to have!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigCarrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vette447</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love the gun...and the cars. I would like to get a 360 Spider someday myself. I guess I may have to stop blowing so much $$$ on guns and get serious about the car one of these days. Haha</div></div>

Hell, I was just thinking I should stop blowing so much money on cars so I can buy more guns! I guess they are both good problems to have! </div></div>

Again... Hate +2, Lol. Lucky bastard... I'm looking for an adoptable sister to hook you up with right now... If I get 2 can I get a Ferrari & a gun?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigCarrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vette447</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love the gun...and the cars. I would like to get a 360 Spider someday myself. I guess I may have to stop blowing so much $$$ on guns and get serious about the car one of these days. Haha</div></div>

Hell, I was just thinking I should stop blowing so much money on cars so I can buy more guns! I guess they are both good problems to have! </div></div>

Again... Hate +2, Lol. Lucky bastard... I'm looking for an adoptable sister to hook you up with right now... If I get 2 can I get a Ferrari & a gun?

</div></div> If you can find a 10 that's a mute with big cans and no sense of smell, we might be able to work something out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigCarrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigCarrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vette447</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love the gun...and the cars. I would like to get a 360 Spider someday myself. I guess I may have to stop blowing so much $$$ on guns and get serious about the car one of these days. Haha</div></div>

</div></div> If you can find a 10 that's a mute with big cans and no sense of smell, we might be able to work something out. </div></div>

Let the hunt begin...
grin.gif

I'll take a 599 GTB and a 69 AC Shelby Cobra small block...

Holy Gap Batman, if that is'nt sweet i don't know what is. Great looking rig you got. I have been wanting to do a 243 build for varmint hunting, but after seeing that if i can get it in 243 that may just be the ticket i am looking for.

Oh man, if I was swimming in money, I'd buy some land and use it as a range.

Nice rig, nice cars. You must be a very successful man.

Elm Fork has been graced with my GAP in the past too. Maybe I'll see you out there one day.

Way too hot for me right now. I've got GAP 10 on the brain.

Great rifle and pics.

Good shooting and nice ride. Although I do have a lowly Z06 that wouldn't mind copping some hot Italian ass
grin.gif

Seriously though I have Italian blood so even a slow Ferrari is...well...still a freakin Ferrari
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[/quote]

Let the hunt begin...
grin.gif

</div></div>

I've been looking for years with no success! I'm beginning to think it's like snipe hunting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good shooting and nice ride. Although I do have a lowly Z06 that wouldn't mind copping some hot Italian ass
grin.gif

Seriously though I have Italian blood so even a slow Ferrari is...well...still a freakin Ferrari
wink.gif
</div></div>

Hey, a Z06 is no slouch! There is one in my neighborhood that is all blacked out. Looks like Michael Knight should pop out of it. The thing is just brimming with badassery and sounds like a hog eating hickory nuts! There is nothing like the sound of a lumpy cam in a big V8...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigCarrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> There is one in my neighborhood that is all blacked out. Looks like Michael Knight should pop out of it. The thing is just brimming with badassery and sounds like a hog eating hickory nuts! There is nothing like the sound of a lumpy cam in a big V8... </div></div>
Sounds like mine...black with blacklouts.

You need to drive that car to Shreveport with that new gun in it and we'll go out to Long Range Alley and do some shooting. Well, we'll switch vehicles. Maybe RADCustom, Matchking or Roscoe will takes out in a truck. But we can show you how to shoot, where to eat and ride in your car.
smile.gif

A little hot at 101F on the 1k line yesterday but Dagsta brought a tent.

214a9fc.jpg

Nice. Im at Elm Fork about twice a week, although mostly on the shotgun side. I wanna test dive the GAP!