• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Holy Mother of....Its better than Christmas!

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Came home to a box on my step.

It was from SH member @NineHotel

Last week on one of his sales ads he made a comment about no one loving the M1A as there was little interest in some products he was selling.

The items were beautiful and I lusted after them but they are in collector condition and I couldnt bring myself to pay the more than fair collector price as for my needs used and abused would be sufficient.

As I am often want to do I made a stupid reply about the fact the packaging the beautiful M14 magazines from the early issue days of the M14 would only jam up my rifle when I tried to shove them in to my gun.

In other words I was going to shoot this stuff not collect it.

I think Mr. Nine Hotel might have been happier knowing the gear was going to be used rather than "collected" because he made me a counter offer I couldnt refuse.

We talked and I found out he had some more desireable gear....

It doesnt get better than opening a box of this...

P1019173.JPG

M14 bolt rebuild kit....

P1019174.JPG

Spoons and strippers....

P1019175.JPG

Sweetness, Ill be painting numbers on the bottom of the mags. I have a full load out now.....

P1019176.JPG

P1019177.JPG

Some M72 for when I get my M70 back and mount the Unertl.

P1019178.JPG

and tomorrow in honor of Mr Nine Hotel Ill try some of that match .308 in my M40.

Results to follow here.

Nice stash of goodies. I'm into M1As, and last month I found one at a local gun store that I could not resist.
    It was ad hoc purchase but it came home with me last weekend...typically I am not into shinny stocks on an M1A,
    but I made an exception in this case. (Per SAI, shipped in 1987 as a Supermatch with a custom burley wood stock).

42k_5.jpg

42k_1.jpg

The only goodies it came with were 3 20-rd mags, 2 5-rd mags, and old SAI camo rifle case, but in the side pocket of the case was a pretty neat Tuner Saddlery sling that I noticed when I got it home ('Carlos Hathcock White Feather' commemorative sling):

42k_11.jpg

42k_8.jpg

Next up I hope to have an M14 gunsmith build this replica of a USMC match M14 at some point this year..

USMC match M14 parts_left_side_v2.jpg

Anyhow, nice stash of M14 parts.

Last edited:
    Shot some M852 through the M40 today...

Didint expect the zero on my capped Leupold to marry with the ammo so I had to figure my holds.

First five rounds top left initially left me feeling the gun and the ammo wouldnt match at all but it got better...

P1019184.JPG

P1019185.JPG

P1019186.JPG

P1019187.JPG

P1019179.JPG

P1019180.JPG

P1019181.JPG

P1019182.JPG

Now I have to try same in the M40A1, M1A and Ill try some 30-06 in my 03s and Garand.

To be continued.

Random Guy, too bad we didn't connect earlier. I just sold a real deal, Navy armorer built M14 on the Marine Corp camo stock. All USGI except for the receiver. Oh well.

I was “issuing to expend” a very similar lot to our M24 wielding chuckleheads in Japan.....

In 2007.

Had planned on "expending" another box tonight through the M40A1 but picked up an OT instead.

The extra money provided me the opportunity to deepen my 30-06 stockpile with another case of FGMM Match 30-06.

You have to love the time when America was proud to build stuff and supported their pride with beautiful art....

P1019207.JPG

The ammo matched the beauty of the rifles.....

P1019205.JPG

P1019206.JPG

Apparently someone with a .22 decided my target was the one they wanted to shoot on....pissed me off, ruined my Zen.

P1019209.JPG

Still did okay. Could have been better. wish PJ OHare had lived long enough to build a windage micrometer for the '03....

P1019208.JPG

Looks like the boyfriend of the chick that marked up the bottom of my target decided to put one in my X ring in amongst the .30 cals. I guess that dink didnt take kindly to my asking them not to shoot on my target.

Last edited:
    You have to love the time when America was proud to build stuff and supported their pride with beautiful art....

View attachment 7262682

View attachment 7262683

View attachment 7262684

Apparently someone with a .22 decided my target was the one they wanted to shoot on....pissed me off, ruined my Zen.

View attachment 7262686

Still did okay. Could have been better. wish PJ OHare had lived long enough to build a windage micrometer....

View attachment 7262685

Looks like the boyfriend of the chick that marked up the bottom of my target decided to put one in my X ring in amongst the .30 cals. I guess that dink didnt take kindly to my asking them not to shoot on my target.
    He just wanted to show you what a real X-ring looked like. AAAANnnd...that HE was bangin' that chick! ?...?:cool:

Not trying to hijack your post, i was wondering what that little plastic disk is that you are putting over your groups

Not trying to hijack your post, i was wondering what that little plastic disk is that you are putting over your groups

Im the biggest post hi jacker on the site. No apologies.

Note I don't always use it the way they suggest but the visual gives you an idea of group size.

Someday I hope to buy the Small version they sell.....:)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Charlie112
    Im the biggest post hi jacker on the site. No apologies.

Note I don't always use it the way they suggest but the visual gives you an idea of group size.

Someday I hope to buy the Small version they sell.....:)
    Thanks mate

Reactions: pmclaine
    I've never seen an M1A or M14 in a wood stock like that. Probably the nicest one I've ever seen. Thats SOOO nice.

Thanks, I felt the same way when I first saw it in a local store. I have subsequently learned that from 1982 to 1988 SAI apparently offered a 'AA Fancy burley wood stock' as an option, along with optional fancy handguard as well. I think for $375 or so. One guy said he saw a table of them at a gun show in CA in the mid-1980s. However, its the only one I have seen. I think its California 'Claro' walnut. Its a keeper.

View attachment 7262682

View attachment 7262683

View attachment 7262684

View attachment 7262686

Still did okay. Could have been better. wish PJ OHare had lived long enough to build a windage micrometer for the '03....

View attachment 7262685

Shoulda buttstroked the fucker

I've made many a face-face contact with people from here. My approach here is the same as Craigslist - we've got some sort of connection, things in common, and I'd rather trust 100 people and have 99 great exchanges than be a suspicious dick to everyone I come in contact with. Age helps - you've seen a lot, you've talked to a lot of people, you can figure things out pretty fast.

Another installment....

032820.jpg

0328201.jpg

The Garand wasnt impressed with the Match designation of the ammo. My 168 reloads will generally hold black a bit tighter. In fairness to the ammo a check of my data book indicates a round count up over 100 since last cleaning, might be time for some Hoppes and a swab.

0328202.jpg

Reactions: Defender3
    I've never shot the M1 nor 14 well. For vintage matches I shoot a Pattern 14 Enfield or my Smith-Corona 03-A3. Glad you are able to get out and enjoy the loot!!