• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Holy Sh*t, another bipod question....

DaveM

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
Haverhill, MA
Seriously though, I'm wondering what length everyone likes for a bipod for PRS.

I have been using 9-13" Harris and Versapod's. I've been happy with the taller bipods, and am looking to get an Atlas. I have found that the shortest 9" works best most often, but I sometimes struggle with the rear bag height.

Do those that use the shorter models find that they are using it at full extension all the time?

Does stock/chassis type make a difference? My first bipod was a shorty used on a chassis with a vertical grip. I thought it was too low.

Is lower just better?

Thanks

I run a Atlas PRS and Harris, both short models. On flat terrain I find the PRS best at 2 notches, the Harris at 3. Uphill/downhill positions change things. Point is, set the bipod length according to comfort at the stock. To low, neck strain. To high and I'm stretching to reach a good cheekweld. Having a couple rear bags in different heights to change according to conditions helps.

Worry less about where you set the bipod and more about a good shooting position. Everybody is different, do what fits you best.

I use a harris 6-9, and I'm usually at 1 or 2 notches from the lowest setting.