• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Holy smokes!! Quite a shot

Yep. My money is on missing the obviously larger cow above, and lucked into a spine shot on the smaller calf below. You'd be a moron to purposefully shoot the notably smaller calf......but you'd also be a moron to miss the obviously larger cow by that much......hmmmm I'm seeing a common result regardless of situation ;)

Yep. My money is on missing the obviously larger cow above, and lucked into a spine shot on the smaller calf below. You'd be a moron to purposefully shoot the notably smaller calf......but you'd also be a moron to miss the obviously larger cow by that much......hmmmm I'm seeing a common result regardless of situation ;)
Why would you be a moron to shoot the calf on purpose? We always shoot the smaller cows or calves when it's possible, if you've ever eaten one you'd know why.

Yeah, I've snap shot yearlings when I was younger & less experienced. Adults taste as good as babies unless you A) are a shit shot, B) can't take care of the meat, and/or C) have no clue how to cook a meal. I filled a B tag a few days ago with a large doe to start replenishing the freezer, ate some this afternoon, and it tasted great. Different strokes I guess.

Yep, my son got a bull Saturday before last and it's delicious, but it did take two days and 18 miles of hiking to get it out. And I would still rather have killed a young one as they are the least likely to make it through the winter and most times when you shoot a large cow you are killing two, the cow and the baby inside.

What's with all the dramatic breathing?