• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Home defense IFAK?

david walter

Insightful commentator
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2007
Out west, but not too far west
Who has what ready to go in the way of IFAKs already built and in the house to treat wounds from battling home invaders?

We have all the stuff (i think) but now thinking of putting it in a trama pouch so it’s all right there if we need it.

Thoughts on this?

Also, tourniquets on soft body armor in the house? I think yes.

Reactions: powdahound76
Rescue Essentials (https://www.rescue-essentials.com/) has a lot of components as well as a variety of premade kits. I found the people to be nice and helpful. I keep a beefed up IFAK in the car and/or with me when I go to the range. (so far only seen only one person accidentally shoot themselves and fortunately it wasn't bad but there have been a number of near incidents over the years) Got stop the bleed kits for a number of friends as a good car thing. I do have hard and soft body armor with tourniquets in the house in case things go sideways though if I train with it I get accused of larping :ROFLMAO:

violence of action doesnt allow for time for bleeding. you take the fight hard and fast, and if your ticket gets punched, it’s game over; and you dont have to worry about all this bullshit anymore.

strike first, strike hard, strike fast. STRIKE HOLD! here endth the lesson.

OK, let's say you have a confrontation, and it's over in a second or two. The bad guy got a chance to pop off a couple of rounds before you put him down, and then you notice that you took a hit to the upper leg or arm. Maybe it's a simple through-and-through that's pouring blood, and it might be 5-10 min before help arrives. Are you proposing just laying down to die?

Having something IFAK-like around the house is a good idea - probably won't ever use it because of a self-defense situation, but shit happens and the ability to stop tramatic bleeding would be well-advised for those of us that use power tools or anything else capable of inflicting substantial damage.

violence of action doesnt allow for time for bleeding. you take the fight hard and fast, and if your ticket gets punched, it’s game over; and you dont have to worry about all this bullshit anymore.

strike first, strike hard, strike fast. STRIKE HOLD! here endth the lesson.
A little over the top on the false motivation there, but actually there is real a point to be made.

Best medicine is don’t get shot. If shit is that intense, there’s a higher probability you ain’t going to make it if you get tagged in any real violence of action.

Now, if you do get hit, it’s a house….just go get the tourniquet. Don’t go laying on the ground like a bitch, if you have a major arterial bleed, you’re dead half into the gun fight. Pick a struggle.

Yes you should have them premade. Yes you should have them handy. If the first rule of knife fights is that you're going to get cut, why isn't the first rule of gun fights that you're likely to get shot?

At a minimum I'd have a tourniquet in the kit, gloves, shears, two chest seals (entry & exit) some kind of compression wrap bandage (the Israeli bandages are held in high regard) and some hemostatic gauze

You put that together, good job, now go to a class and learn how to use all of it in case it actually becomes necessary

Is this really what The Bear Pit has devolved to?This thread feels like something better off on Fox Nation or someshit.
I just imagine people in the bear pit walking around their house like a faggotty fat larp version of an 18D, waiting for the big bad to happen, that never happens. Medical gear will expire, and the heart disease does what the big bad couldn’t. lol

I’m not saying don’t be prepared, but for fuck sake. You fuckers aren’t going to chest seal yourself. If it’s not for you, then don’t worry about it if you have to jock up. Leave the ifak with your family. If you lose the gunfight, you don’t need any of that shit.

i’m beyond worrying anymore. i find that worrying about shit, does nothing but wear a hole in your stomach. and if death does come to call (which it IS going to at some point), then good enough. like i said, i quit caring a long time ago. just think of all the shit i get out of having to do! up to, and including, clinging to this world like it is worth the effort.

as for the rest….deal with shit as it arises. if you are in your house, you have the upperhand on every level. INCLUDING knowing where stuff is to deal with injuries after. and if you dont already have shit in place, and haven’t made peace with your maker, you are WAY behind the 8 ball.

Last edited:
I just imagine people in the bear pit walking around their house like a faggotty fat larp version of an 18D, waiting for the big bad to happen, that never happens. Medical gear will expire, and the heart disease does what the big bad couldn’t. lol

I’m not saying don’t be prepared, but for fuck sake. You fuckers aren’t going to chest seal yourself. If it’s not for you, then don’t worry about it if you have to jock up. Leave the ifak with your family. If you lose the gunfight, you don’t need any of that shit.

^ THIS.

Reactions: Matches Malone

Hey, GD it! I carry a pack of smokes with me at all times, even when I sleep, can't I still use the cellophane wrapper to chest seal a 7.62x39mm hole? Asking for a friend. Mac;)

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot

And for fucks sake, take your shitty CAT tourniquet OUT OF THE WRAPPER! How many assclowns in the various classes you go to still have those things in their original cellophane.
ProTip- if you need that fucker, it is not the time to try and open it like a package of Club Crackers.
Edit-spelling

IFAK/Blowout kit . You should have one in each car , gun safe , range bags and on your load out/kit .
North American Rescue tourniguet , Celox 3" sterile gauze roll for packing x 2 , 4" kerilx gauze for wrapping x 3, space blanket and a mini marker . Put it in a 1 gallon Ziploc . No need for fancy . Learn CPR and take a stop the bleed course .
Stay away from nasopharyngeal airway tubes unless you're trained . Stay away from chest seals unless you're trained . Get training . Your body pumps 5 litres p/ min . Your body holds 5 litres .
Learn how to properly mitigate blood
loss and apply a tourniquet rapidly .

Might be nice to have around for somebody else to chest seal you 🤦🏼‍♂️

But hey if you don't care you don't care. Me, yes please make any and all efforts to save me if I go down.

I like my life, my wife, my family and friends, I'd like to live beyond a gunfight even if I catch a round by sheer shit luck and through no fault of my own tactics.

I'll have the necessary stuff to at least attempt saving my ass available so if you're around when it happens and want to take a crack at it, I promise if I live I won't sue you for saving me if it's not perfect. So have at it, med kit is on the back of my belt. (If there be gun fights a happenin' anyway)

i’m beyond worrying anymore. i find that worrying about shit, does nothing but wear a hole in your stomach. and if death does come to call (which it IS going to at some point), then good enough. like i said, i quit caring a long time ago. just think of all the shit i get out of having to do! up to, and including, clinging to this world like it is worth the effort.

as for the rest….deal with shit as it arises. if you are in your house, you have the upperhand on every level. INCLUDING knowing where stuff is to deal with injuries after. and if you dont already have shit in place, and haven’t made peace with your maker, you are WAY behind the 8 ball.
Well put.
I said not long ago in a thread, "Ive found nothin in this world worth eating shit for"

Every man is free to get his gear straight.

For me, and what I carry, is 1) CAT tourniquet, 2) HyFin vent, twin pack chest seal, 3) ACE bandage, 4) two packs of compressed gauze, 5) thermal space blanket, 6) decompression needle, and 7) nasopharyngeal hose. I strip it all and have unpacked and loose.

For trauma treatment and a couple minutes of care to stabilize, that's my pack.

Reactions: ggmanning

But hey if you don't care you don't care. Me, yes please make any and all efforts to save me if I go down.

I like my life, my wife, my family and friends, I'd like to live beyond a gunfight even if I catch a round by sheer shit luck and through no fault of my own tactics.

I'll have the necessary stuff to at least attempt saving my ass available so if you're around when it happens and want to take a crack at it, I promise if I live I won't sue you for saving me if it's not perfect. So have at it, med kit is on the back of my belt. (If there be gun fights a happenin' anyway)
Leave the Ifak with your wife like I said, if you read the end of my post, and walk your ass over to her when your done. But don’t come preaching to me about that shit. I’d pay money to watch you try to find a .223 hole in your chest, and try to seal the exit wound behind you lol.

Then what? Fuck 911? You going to chest tube yourself?

If I’m around, you’re in good hands. I do this shit for a living. I’m also not losing the fight. Especially if it’s just some crackhead. Fuckers better being the whole swat team. Last I checked this is the US. Not some 3rd world country, and I don’t live in Portland.

But back to medicine: I have an entire trauma center, and I know how to use it all. Well. I even maintain a licensing too for certain PSS contracts since they seem to always be short on guys with experience.

Dark angel medical has good kits. I keep one with a cat gen 7 in the night stand. Also have them in the vehicles and keep a tourniquet in my chainsaw chaps. Also have one in the garage near my saws. The dark angel class I took was good too.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
Leave the Ifak with your wife like I said, if you read the end of my post, and walk your ass over to her when your done. But don’t come preaching to me about that shit. I’d pay money to watch you try to find a .223 hole in your chest, and try to seal the exit wound behind you lol.

Then what? Fuck 911? You going to chest tube yourself?

If I’m around, you’re in good hands. I do this shit for a living. I’m also not losing the fight. Especially if it’s just some crackhead. Fuckers better being the whole swat team. Last I checked this is the US. Not some 3rd world country, and I don’t live in Portland.

But back to medicine: I have an entire trauma center, and I know how to use it all. Well. I even maintain a licensing too for certain PSS contracts since they seem to always be short on guys with experience.
I think you've got me confused with somebody else. I'm not suggesting you chest seal yourself, not preaching shit either. Carry whatever you want.

Don't really give a fuck what you do. OP asked a question, I answered it. You implied carrying chest seals is dumb because you can't use them on yourself, and carrying them for other people is extra weight.

There's where you stopped making sense. You carry the seals so somebody else can use it on YOU. That way you don't have to carry supplies for somebody else, they're carrying their own.

You don't expect other people to have the correct shit handy to save your ass, because if they don't, you're fuckin dead. You may very well be dead any way, but FFS what's a pair of chest seals weigh? An ounce?

You do you boo boo

At a minimum I'd have a tourniquet in the kit, gloves, shears, two chest seals (entry & exit) some kind of compression wrap bandage (the Israeli bandages are held in high regard) and some hemostatic gauze
Expired defibrillator pads make excellent field chest seals....don't discount value of super plus female products either....

I think you've got me confused with somebody else. I'm not suggesting you chest seal yourself, not preaching shit either. Carry whatever you want.

Don't really give a fuck what you do. OP asked a question, I answered it. You implied carrying chest seals is dumb because you can't use them on yourself, and carrying them for other people is extra weight.

There's where you stopped making sense. You carry the seals so somebody else can use it on YOU. That way you don't have to carry supplies for somebody else, they're carrying their own.

You don't expect other people to have the correct shit handy to save your ass, because if they don't, you're fuckin dead. You may very well be dead any way, but FFS what's a pair of chest seals weigh? An ounce?

You do you boo boo
OMFG.
No you quoted me. I don’t have you mistaken for shit. I’m talking to YOU. Also I never said anything ever about weight of an ifak, or chest seal. I said, you don’t have time to worry about it, and leave that shit in the house. Then I said, get your ass up off the ground and walk in the house if you dun got yourself fucked up. Also heart disease will kill you.

I do agree I don’t care what you do, I’m not responsible for you. If having a ifak on makes you feel special, then wear it to your hearts content. However, I’ll explain why it’s more than likely it’s a waste of time in practice, and why you’re confused.

But hey if you don't care you don't care.

I admit I'm not a word smith, but I simply addressed all issues.

Again, my original statement said, leave that shit in the house, leave the ifak with the family.

The putting a chest seal on yourself, IS, a separate idea of the conversation that outlines points as to why it’s stupid otherwise to worry about it being on you in a ifak. I never said that YOu said anything about it. You’re trying to explain how an ifak works to me, stop.

YES it’s for someone else to use on you. Cool you know boot camp level 101 shit…but your confusion is because you don’t seem to know how things really work in the real world. Let me explain:

… if you’re wife/family members /whoever isn’t a trauma expert, or your fat fuck larper friends aren’t there drinking beer while you suck each other cocks in the so called team room (spare bedroom) when the big bad comes then….you’re still fucked. Imagine that! The ifak won’t be used like they said it would in some gay CLS course.

Worry about the fight.
EMT’s have their own stuff.
Train family if possible.
Have plans for your plans.
Follow the rules of cool.
Don’t be behind the 8 ball…

oh my....

Yes, having IFAKs built is a good idea.
planning to get them on if you have an intruder is not a good idea.
Folks in your home (wife) knowing where they are and how to use them is a good idea.
Knowing what to put in them and what to leave out is a good idea.

MY IFAKs contents.
CAT 7
Shears
duct tape (small compact roll)
quick clot
48" Kerlix
Hyfin Compact Chest seal (2 pack for entrance and exit)
10g needle and 3 way stop-cock (This goes in because I know how to use them, leave out if you don't)
NPA

My biggest advantage is 20+ yrs experience.

I also have WAY more goodies, but it lives in portable boxes and bags depending on whats up.

I’m all about the fight. If it’s fast and furious, I agree with comments as presented. I’m a firm believer in violence of action, especially repelling invaders in the castle. You have to quickly and decisively win a gunfight in your own home, or the next gunfight isn’t your problem.

But I’d hate to be wounded and able to self care and get back in the fight, and instead have to have momma come forward to retrieve my wounded ass.

Course, my Mrs is wicked with and M4, so there is that. And she’s combat lifesaver qualified.

Still.

Last edited:
OMFG.
No you quoted me. I don’t have you mistaken for shit. I’m talking to YOU. Also I never said anything ever about weight of an ifak, or chest seal. I said, you don’t have time to worry about it, and leave that shit in the house. Then I said, get your ass up off the ground and walk in the house if you dun got yourself fucked up. Also heart disease will kill you.

I do agree I don’t care what you do, I’m not responsible for you. If having a ifak on makes you feel special, then wear it to your hearts content. However, I’ll explain why it’s more than likely it’s a waste of time in practice, and why you’re confused.

I admit I'm not a word smith, but I simply addressed all issues.

Again, my original statement said, leave that shit in the house, leave the ifak with the family.

The putting a chest seal on yourself, IS, a separate idea of the conversation that outlines points as to why it’s stupid otherwise to worry about it being on you in a ifak. I never said that YOu said anything about it. You’re trying to explain how an ifak works to me, stop.

YES it’s for someone else to use on you. Cool you know boot camp level 101 shit…but your confusion is because you don’t seem to know how things really work in the real world. Let me explain:

… if you’re wife/family members /whoever isn’t a trauma expert, or your fat fuck larper friends aren’t there drinking beer while you suck each other cocks in the so called team room (spare bedroom) when the big bad comes then….you’re still fucked. Imagine that! The ifak won’t be used like they said it would in some gay CLS course.

Worry about the fight.
EMT’s have their own stuff.
Train family if possible.
Have plans for your plans.
Follow the rules of cool.
Don’t be behind the 8 ball…
You definitely have me mistaken, mistaken for someone who's impressed by your bullshit. I'm not. Go fuck yourself. You assume much while knowing jack shit about me or the people I roll with.

I didn't ask for your advice and I don't care where it comes from or what it's based on because you're clearly a fucking asshole. So piss off. 🖕

You definitely have me mistaken, mistaken for someone who's impressed by your bullshit. I'm not. Go fuck yourself. You assume much while knowing jack shit about me or the people I roll with.

I didn't ask for your advice and I don't care where it comes from or what it's based on because you're clearly a fucking asshole. So piss off. 🖕
I know anyone refers to “people I roll with” is a fuck boi.

Your mom didn’t ask for you but here we are, watching you flap that cock holster that your people you roll with love to use so much.

Yes. Yes I am an asshole. I never said I wasn’t.

ZomboMeme 09012022215911.jpg

First and most important rule of tactical combat casualty care is....suppress enemy fires.

Doc

Reactions: Alphatreedog
First and most important rule of tactical combat casualty care is....suppress enemy fires.

Doc

Carry a fire extinguisher for enemy fires….

Got it 😂 j/k

I keep med supplies in a central closet. If anyone comes in on me I’m grabbing nothing but my sub gun and fighting balls out. Ain’t no thang to let em hang…

• Haha
Reactions: Doc68
Carry a fire extinguisher for enemy fires….

Got it 😂 j/k

I keep med supplies in a central closet. If anyone comes in on me I’m grabbing nothing but my sub gun and fighting balls out. Ain’t no thang to let em hang…
Same MP5 and naked......fuck em.

Doc

who says you aint a word smith? ^ there is some evidence to the contrary. that’s some old school poetry right there; from the days you could tell it like it is and if someone didnt like it, tough titties. if my buddies are not addressing me in that manner (or worse), you know something is seriously wrong. truth and directness aint for everyone i guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matches Malone