• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Home Depot

WATERWALKER

0311 SHELLBACK
Minuteman
  • Apr 19, 2014
    Deep in the Lone Star
    I’m OK w/ spending money at Home Depot. That’s good because I’ve got to spend a fair amount of change there this week.

Home Depot doe a lot of great stuff, or tries to. I deployed to Iraq with a guy who’s father ended up being the CEO for a while. The guy I knew, is / was in charge of eastern half of U.S. stores.

HD also partners with organizations such as the Semper Fi Fund to provide needed renovations for wounded vets; they covered almost $20k in materials for me this year.

I don't care which store it is, HD or otherwise, I'm not an employee there so I'm not going to do their job for them. IF using the self-checkouts automatically came with 15% off your total bill, then I'd be MORE THAN HAPPY to do it myself. Alas, such is not the case.

And now, if only they knew what something was, where it might be, or what it might be used for.... would be great. One cashier (not at HD) was actually telling a guy that he could krazy-glue the mounts to the wall for his shower curtain rod that he was buying.

but this story of the philanthropic co-owner is phenomenal to hear in this day and age.

^^^ 2 x 4's at Home Depot!

That said, I like the place. Lots of overpriced stuff. Lots of junk. But for basic construction stuff... ranging from all-thread to re-bar to steel roofing... it's convenient!

Glad to see the owner is giving back bigtime!

Cheers,

Sirhr

I like Home Depot,own stock in the company.
    But I canceled my credit cards with CTTI bank over their anti 2A bullshit.

Spend a lot there. unfortunately can't get the veterans discount if something is ordered online.
    gotta run around the store and check out there to get it.

oh well.

View attachment 7104209

^^^ 2 x 4's at Home Depot!

That said, I like the place. Lots of overpriced stuff. Lots of junk. But for basic construction stuff... ranging from all-thread to re-bar to steel roofing... it's convenient!

Glad to see the owner is giving back bigtime!

Cheers,

Sirhr
    I have never seen white support beams at a Home Depot, where every other piece of steel is orange.