• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Home made barrel cooler

RmeJu

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2019
I just built a 7RM rifle that shoots great, but is quick to heat up and slow to cool down (and I have a can on it, which isn't helping). I bought a Magnetospeed Riflekuhl to help manage the heat buildup. It's better than nothing, but I think I'm going to need something with a lot more airflow to really keep the heat under control.

I was thinking about using something like this DeWalt air inflator (with homemade tubes/fittings, if the included ones don't quite fit right) to really help cool things down. I already have DeWalt batteries, so that wouldn't be an issue, but I was a little worried about potentially needing to filter the air that I was pushing through the barrel. The Riflekuhl has a filter for this purpose, but I'm wondering how critical that actually is. Should I be concerned about that, and if so, what kind of filter should I be looking at to keep any unwanted particles out.

1592958978327.png

Just get a Coleman rechargeable mattress pump and some hose.
Screenshot_20200623-200232_Photos.jpg
$25

Not sure, I'm always wearing double hearing protection.

Have dabled in many and by far the quietest is the radial computer fan for which i printed a nozzle. It also pumps most air trough the barrel , next in line is that pump for grill for which i just turned a nozzle on a lathe and attached flexible tube , i have to say i loses lots of power due to length of the tube needed, i also have the magneto speed and i have to say i am quite disappointed at the noise it makes, all my DIY fans are quieter by leaps and bounds ,product that should have never been released to the public its beyond irritating and expensive to boot

Last edited:
Reactions: MOshooter