• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Home Wrecker Shotguns

Tburkes

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2002
Bandera, Texas
I've had this old Remington 1100 12 Gauge shotgun stuck back in a corner for years. It's rusted out and looks like crap and I've got other shotguns to shoot. I could never bring myself to just throw it out or give it away. I recently saw the add here on the Hide about Home Wrecker Shotguns and I figured what the heck I have nothing to loose with this old junker. I don't even know where the fore end is, I guess they'll be able to match one up.

It's kind of hard to tell in the picture but the receiver is pretty badly pitted with rust.

Here are some before pictures of what I'm sending them. I'll post some after pics when the shotgun gets back home. I plan on shipping it out today.

damn hooking him up aren't ya. lol can't wait to see what you get back.

I can't wait to see the after pictures. I really want to do this with some of the old 1100's that my dad has had pigeon holed forever.

It's kind of hard to tell in the picture but the receiver is pretty badly pitted with rust.

I must be looking at some different pictures or I have a really high resolution display here at the office, 'cause I can damn near feel that rust/pitting on that receiver!

Nathan will take excellent care of that poor, neglected 1100 for you!! It certainly can't come home looking any worse than it does now...that's for damn sure!! ;)

I'll be anxious to see the "after" pics when they are available.

Good luck and God speed!!

Haaaha, I figure if he can make this ugly duckling look good, anyone else's project can only come out even better.

wfjames22, it's even worse in person. Just for the record I'd NEVER let a weapon get in this shape. It was given to me about like this years ago and I completely forgot about it until we recently moved and I found it in a corner I hadn't looked at in years.

I'm excited to see what kind of magic they can do.

That's not a field grade 1100. The stock has upgraded wood and is nicely checkered and carved. The receiver is also engraved. Be very careful about the forend. If you are looking for a proper restoration, the lines per inch on the forend need to match the stock and the walnut grain needs to be the same as the stock. Best of luck.

Gil Horsley

Hey Sean, I was told 90 days from the time they receive it.

ghorsley, that's kind of a shame that it got abused like that before it got to me. It'll be interesting to see what comes back home.

Damn it Man!!! Did someone use that poor shotgun as a boat oar and forget about it until much later ?!?!?!?!
A bead blast and ceracoat is going to go a long ways to making the meal work look good again. I'm sure they have some "take-off" wood up there as well, if not I'd look at laminated wood furniture if you have to buy some outright.