• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Homemade drag bag ideas?

CAMOUFLAGE

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2013
Dyersville, Iowa
I'm thinking about making my own drag bag. My rifle dimensions are 43" x 10". I was wondering what kind of fabric to use, what kind of pouches and pockets, water bladder, ect. any ideas would help thanks!

quick question.. depending on how you are really going to use your drag bag would depend on what you might want to use for material, are you really taking it to the field with you or is it just to carry your rifle to the range?? what type of weather conditions are you going to be in?? how often are you going to use it?? http://www.libertyoptics.com/contents/en-us/d114.html go to this website are look how this one is made, gives a list of fabric, zippers, pouchs.. not saying you have to build one just like this, just kinda give you a direction to go with..

Well i'm planning on coyote hunting via ghillie suit probably a day of 500 yd. crawling in mud, sand, wet, dry, sometimes snow, ect. probably from twice a week to twice a month. thanks for responding!

Well i'm planning on coyote hunting via ghillie suit probably a day of 500 yd. crawling in mud, sand, wet, dry, sometimes snow, ect. probably from twice a week to twice a month. thanks for responding!

Camouflage
This kind of hunt (ghillie, drag bag, mud and snow) sounds entertaining; please take pics.
Good luck on your quest and have fun.
Good shooting.
Ombre noire

+1 one on taking pics camouflage!! 1. would love to see what you come up with and see the final product, and how about a review of your drag bag after a hunt, would love to hear the pros and cons you came up with when using it under whatever the conditions are at the time of your hunt. Good luck on the coycote hunting bro!

Dude I'm really late in the game on this thread but this hunt sounds really fun. I hope pics are posted.