• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Homemade MagnetoSpeed V3 mounting bracket designs?

TCreedmoor

Captain
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2022
Illinois
I'm looking for some homemade mounting brackets to get the V3 off the barrel. The portion I'm missing for my design is what it takes to securely attach the V3 to a 1" diameter tube/rod running parallel to the barrel in 4 o'clock position.

I reached out to Wiser about purchasing just the V3 mounting bracket, but they'll only sell it as a complete set. Unfortunately that's way beyond what I'm willing to spend on a MagnetoSpeed mount. I'd rather spend that money on reloading equipment or shooting gear.

1663358635530.png

My design uses a QD scope mount on a piece of picatinny rail attached to the octagon m-lok handguard of my precision rifle. I have a length of PVC pipe with an OD that fits in a set of 30mm scope rings. I used one half of the plastic shims provided for a 1" scope tube for a snug fit. I know others have used a 1" wood dowel or a 1" steel curtain rod. The handguard on my rifle does not extend far enough to directly use MagnetoSpeed's picatinny adapter intended for handguns.

The portion I'm missing is the piece that attaches the V3 to the rod. I'm hoping someone in this thread has come up with a design for that component. Or knows of an inexpensive off-the-shelf solution that securely attaches the V3 yet allows adjustment for proper positioning.

I posted this under Reloading since most reloaders are interested in their muzzle velocities. My apologies if there was a better category.

Here's how I mounted my V3, I believe it is what you are looking for. It consists of a bunch of picatinny mounts I bought off Amazon and a 1" carbon tube I got for a good deal off ebay. The bayonet is mounted to a piece of steel plate using existing holes. The only downside is you might have to drill/tap a set of holes for each rifle you have.

20220921_180227.jpg

20220921_180244.jpg

20220921_180313.jpg

20220921_180324.jpg

20220921_180438.jpg

20220921_181328.jpg

20220921_181208.jpg

Reactions: cowboycasey