• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Homemade muzzle devices

tireys

StealthMode223
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2009
Show Me State
Anyone ever attempted a homemade flash suppressor or brake? I have access to some machinists tools at work and I am going to attempt this for fun and to be able to say I made this part of my rifle. If you have show some pictures or maybe some do's and dont's.

Re: Homemade muzzle devices

I have been interested in doing something like this myself. I want a shorty upper with a long rail to partially cover the suppressor when running subsonics. I also want to ability to run supersonic unsuppressed out of the same upper. I want to make a flash suppressor that will clear the end of the handguard. Think Noveske pig but longer.

Re: Homemade muzzle devices

I want something that looks similar to the W/C Accu Tac or the Smith Vortex for my 6.8 SPC. It's not that they are all that expensive to buy. I was just thinking I could do it on my own.