• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Homesteading: sloped land or flat?

I am able to keep this tank with water off of 3000 sqft of roof.
Did I mention how destructive these bastards are....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210929-090043_Reolink.jpg
    Screenshot_20210929-090043_Reolink.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: stefan73
He says, as I try not to dribble the juice from my Palisade peach on the key board. Its all about planning and placement. Probably most of the best places to homestead in the desert still have a house, farm ground, and/or water rights owned and used. The amount of abandon homesteads I see from the 1930s says you are onto something. Pickens are pretty slim.
If you have abundant water, then it's called an "oasis" - surrounded by desert.

Last edited:
My list after doing a small acreage a year ago, look for old shithole mobile homes and people living in travel trailers, worst is when they are on the same property, check with the local well driller on well feasibility and cost, he will also know rules on water rights and permits, as others have said water is the huge concern as are meth heads that will steal everything not nailed down.

@Naaman
You can get a lot of good info about homesteading by watching guys who have you tube channels about there homestead .You can learn from there success and failures.

Here is a good starting point

Last edited: