• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Homewrecker Shotguns

DeauxJoe

Daisy Picker
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2011
Thibodaux, La
Anyone know what happened to them? I had an 1100 done by them years ago and I'd like to get a 870 done.

Was wandering the same thing, they were connected to my gunsmith down in Laredo when I lived there some years back and tried to pull them up recently and didn’t find anything either

They did a group buy with low pricing on Ceracote on this forum a several years ago. It didn't turn out well for many of the forum members and complaints were made for a varied number of reasons. Gunwrecker didn't answer emails or make any attempt to resolve the issues and I have not heard of them since.

Don't ask me how I remember.............

Best 870 build I have seen was done by Vang Comp in Chino Valley AZ VANG Not cheap but I have two of them for a reason.

Reactions: davidb187
I believe Wilson Combat bought Vang Comp years ago. The shotguns on their site look familiar.

I have sent a few 870’s to Wilson Combat over the years and purchased one of their professional model 870’s. They do great work, actions come back slick and their custom finishes (armor-tuff) are great. I have had mine in the rain and snow often with zero issues. Great customer service and people to work with.

Attachments

• 48560AE3-9DCC-47B1-84F9-31AFF68E8DEF.jpeg
    48560AE3-9DCC-47B1-84F9-31AFF68E8DEF.jpeg
    338 KB · Views: 47
Anyone know what happened to them? I had an 1100 done by them years ago and I'd like to get a 870 done.
Someone just today called this post to my attention. Glad you are happy with your 1100!

Apologies for the delay in response. We are not active on snipershide, or any other forum, and we don't build the homewrecker as a combo of services anymore. The cerakote special was not our downfall as some have said. We are doing great. We just prefer to deal locally now.

I'm sure I'm inviting responses from all the trolls (you know who you are), but I hate to leave this sort of thing unaddressed. So, to address the above statements... We cerakoted somewhere around 350 guns total during the special. We had issues with about 4 customers if I recall correctly. That said, those 4 were very vocal and I'm not the best personality to deal patiently with this type of person. The happy customers didn't have much to say (this is normally the case).

While this experience was not our undoing it was a big lesson learned for us and me personally.

We are still a full service shop. We have moved to Birmingham from Calera. We added a retail store in '15 and survived the local gun retail apocalypse of '18. Things are good. We've added a ton of capabilities and are in a much larger space.

If we can ever assist you with a project give us a call. 205-690-8470

Someone just today called this post to my attention. Glad you are happy with your 1100!

Apologies for the delay in response. We are not active on snipershide, or any other forum, and we don't build the homewrecker as a combo of services anymore. The cerakote special was not our downfall as some have said. We are doing great. We just prefer to deal locally now.

I'm sure I'm inviting responses from all the trolls (you know who you are), but I hate to leave this sort of thing unaddressed. So, to address the above statements... We cerakoted somewhere around 350 guns total during the special. We had issues with about 4 customers if I recall correctly. That said, those 4 were very vocal and I'm not the best personality to deal patiently with this type of person. The happy customers didn't have much to say (this is normally the case).

While this experience was not our undoing it was a big lesson learned for us and me personally.

We are still a full service shop. We have moved to Birmingham from Calera. We added a retail store in '15 and survived the local gun retail apocalypse of '18. Things are good. We've added a ton of capabilities and are in a much larger space.

If we can ever assist you with a project give us a call. 205-690-8470

Oh lets not start this bullshit again. You had issues with 4 very vocal customers that werent your fault? Just 4? There's how many pages of complaints regarding that shit show from a LOT more than 4 people.

I was one of those people. Your lack of being able to follow directions, follow through with promises you made in writing, timeframe, backyard coating quality which you took back 3 times to fix, sprayed barrel tenon threads, sprayed chambers, sprayed gas tenons, sprayed muzzles, all which were clearly noted in emails to you NOT to spray, clearly typed, printed and rubber banded around barrels when sent to you AND those areas were all taped off went sent to you. Promises of fixing them, waiting months for corections to come back, messing those up and having to send back a 3rd time.

Saying we are alive and kicking and made it out the other end is one thing. But coming back on here, stating there were only 4 people that had issues and those were just 4 vocal people you couldnt deal with? That was a wrong move.

I dont know anything of this ceracote drama but I did have some rifle work done by Nathan at Hudisco last year and it was outstanding work and knowing him as a customer from days when he imported Hensoldts, I have a hard time believing he would do anything purposely dishonest with customers.
YMMV

Reactions: HuDisCo
Oh lets not start this bullshit again. You had issues with 4 very vocal customers that werent your fault? Just 4? There's how many pages of complaints regarding that shit show from a LOT more than 4 people.

I was one of those people. Your lack of being able to follow directions, follow through with promises you made in writing, timeframe, backyard coating quality which you took back 3 times to fix, sprayed barrel tenon threads, sprayed chambers, sprayed gas tenons, sprayed muzzles, all which were clearly noted in emails to you NOT to spray, clearly typed, printed and rubber banded around barrels when sent to you AND those areas were all taped off went sent to you. Promises of fixing them, waiting months for corections to come back, messing those up and having to send back a 3rd time.

Saying we are alive and kicking and made it out the other end is one thing. But coming back on here, stating there were only 4 people that had issues and those were just 4 vocal people you couldnt deal with? That was a wrong move.
My recollection of the details is a little different than yours, but that’s really neither here nor there. I’m not interested in being petty or engaging in a public debate. It was brought up to me that we were being bashed so I felt compelled to respond. The $62 cerakote special has been a long time ago... 5 years now? A lot has happened since then. I am the only person that remains from that time and I doubt I touched your gun personally. If you, or any other guys feel slighted feel free to give us a call. Otherwise, I’d like to invite you to move on.

We now occupy a 7000 sq/ft facility and service somewhere around 1000 guns every year locally. We have invested heavily in capabilities and by all accounts are the most well equipped gunsmithing machine shop in our state. If anyone has any questions feel free to give us a call. Thanks.