• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Honesty question

Skeptic1

Heavy Horseman
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2019
Central NC
I've been doing a bit a work for a man for the past few months. He seems to be starting to flake on me. He'll say one thing and do another.
If a man's word doesn't mean anything to him, how the fuck is supposed to mean something to me?
Am I being to black and white?????
Be untrustworthy to me once and it's all over. I'll never believe anything you say again. Just the way I am.
Am I wrong for being this way?

need more info. Is he ancient and maybe forgets what he said from one moment to the next? Need some examples of the flakiness to judge. As far as not putting up with it after the first time remember that old saying..... Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I've straight up told people "I trust no one". It's nothing personal. You're paying the price for rhe first one who fucked me.

Reactions: Milf Dots
I've straight up told people "I trust no one". It's nothing personal. You're paying the price for rhe first one who fucked me.
Exactly.
It goes along with even my screen name on the hide.
I believe none of what I hear and I believe none of what I see.
Imagine where that puts you once you lie to me..........

Last edited:
I've been doing a bit a work for a man for the past few months. He seems to be starting to flake on me. He'll say one thing and do another.
If a man's word doesn't mean anything to him, how the fuck is supposed to mean something to me?
Be untrustworthy to me once and it's all over. I'll never believe anything you say again. Just the way I am.
Nope! I guess your a youngster? Remember, there is nothing but black and white! Live by it!

Most folks I know that don’t trust anyone can’t be trusted themselves! Not saying that’s you but in my 30 yrs business I’ve found that to ring true most of the time.

I guess your a youngster?
I'm 43

Most folks I know that don’t trust anyone can’t be trusted themselves! Not saying that’s you but in my 30 yrs business I’ve found that to ring true most of the time.
Certainly doesn't apply here. I don't trust anyone because I've found that most folks will lie to your face and never give it another thought. Some will do it even when they themselves know that you know they're lying.
Watch the news lately, you'll know what I mean.

I didn't expect it from this guy..... which makes me even less trusting of anyone now.

if you can't deal with it walk away no amount of money is worth putting your self any closer to a crazy person that you have to .
But you really should be used to working for nut bags they sadly are everywhere you could call it practice crazy people's money spends the same as sane people's . Take solace everyone deals with that crap from time to time . trust in god all others pay cash .

Reactions: Snipe260
I'm 43

Certainly doesn't apply here. I don't trust anyone because I've found that most folks will lie to your face and never give it another thought. Some will do it even when they themselves know that you know they're lying.

I didn't expect it from this guy..... which makes me even less trusting of anyone now.
I’ve ran across many. But I’ve learned to figure out folks pretty damn quick!

Is it possible he's having medical issues- diabetes perhaps?

If it's not medical related he may have simply figured out you're dependable and trustful of him, meaning you're also an easy target to fuck with.

Once he owes you and won't compensate, he becomes guilty of also stealing your time, and time can't be reversed or manufactured. It's on that point people need to be educated and sometimes adjusted to reality. Just remember cameras are everywhere.

I've worked for people that make themselves so busy they can't remember what day it is, much less any small things day to day.

I've also worked for ones that will lie to your face thinking they'll pull one over on you.

Only you can prevent forest fires...

Reactions: Snipe260
Vote much?

Nope

Absolutely not, especially if you've never told a lie.
I've lied. Not proud of it.
I gave my life to Christ and stopped. I'm still human and not perfect. I do believe that I will meet my creator one day. I won't be held accountable and punished, even though I should be, because he stood in my place and was punished for me.
I'm honest to people for me not them.
Anyways, the guys still pays solidly, it just hard to hit a moving target.
I've pretty much gotten it off my chest and bitched enough about it.

Ha! It just now occurred to me that I should actually be praying for the guy.

Thank you, Bear Pit

I've lied. Not proud of it.
I gave my life to Christ and stopped. I'm still human and not perfect. I do believe that I will meet my creator one day. I won't be held accountable and punished, even though I should be, because he stood in my place and was punished for me.
I'm honest to people for me not them.
Anyways, the guys still pays solidly, it just hard to hit a moving target.
I've pretty much gotten it off my chest and bitched enough about it.

Ha! It just now occurred to me that I should actually be praying for the guy.

Thank you, Bear Pit
Amen!

If you have to ask then you already have your answer.

I'm 43

In my line of work, I've had folks lie to me when telling the truth would benefit them, and I mean for serious shit.

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
No you are NOT wrong. My word and handshake is my bond and I expect the same from the other party.
But as others have said get it in writing if you're doing any kind of "contracted" work.

I think we all try to be men of our word. One thing I have found out in life, is that "life happens", and a promised date or time can move. Sometimes thru no fault of your own. I take most people as they come in/out of my life. Some are stand up people, some arent. I protect me and mine and work as best as I can with the shit birds, but I do understand shit happens.

If I think too hard about shitty people, my blood boils, so I just protect myself and those I love and see what happens.

Like some already said, if the work and price is right, then move forward. We have a short life, so dont get hung up on the bs.

If you are on here asking about it, I think you already know the answer and are just hoping to get some confirmation to make you accept what you already know.

So perhaps skip the winding path and just go straight forward and do what needs to be done to resolve the matter before you get worse off.