• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Honey 🍯 Lesson

FredHammer

FAFOIST
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 23, 2006
    CONUS
    Friend gave me some honey. Says on bottle:
    “Unfiltered”
    “Warm to dissolve crystals”.
    “Ingredients: Honey.”

Straight up real deal, best I’ve tasted. I’m on bottle 3. I tried some in my coffee because this honey has a more earthy taste. Welp, dissolved in a hot liquid released wings & legs n shit! 🤣🤣

I’m still cool with it, just not gonna liquify it to that level again! So unfiltered honey 🍯 means great taste and some added raw extras! Ok, I’ll STFU for now. Carry on!

Reactions: 101st
    For those who don’t know, the type of flowers make huge differences in the taste and color of the honey 🍯.
    Had some mesquite honey from Arizona a couple days ago - the best tasting honey I’ve ever had!
    Have blueberry honey from Wright, Louisiana, which definitely tastes of blueberry.
    Buckwheat honey is very, very dark colored; haven’t tasted it but plan to pick some up tomorrow.
    Alfalfa and clover honey are probably the most common types sold in stores.
    Then, there’s Mad Honey from Nepal or Tibet that’s supposedly hallucinogenic🤷‍♂️
    Honey is good pretty much indefinitely, just warm it a hot water bath, oven or microwave if it crystallizes.
    Enjoy!!

If its heated for filtering or bottling it makes it darker as well. The best honey is "water white". It hasn't been heated at all. Killer shit.

The honey sold in stores has been pasteurized, homogenized, or whatever they call it. It’s been heated and filtered to the point that there’s nothing left but sugar. Anything good for you has been removed or killed. Raw local honey still has all the things good for you still in it. Stop buying honey in the grocery store but only local raw honey from a local farmer.

If its heated for filtering or bottling it makes it darker as well. The best honey is "water white". It hasn't been heated at all. Killer shit.
    Me and my son did the bee thing for awhile, he still has one active hive, never seen white honey from our bees. What is amazing is that you can have 2 hives that are 10 feet apart and the honey will be different when you pull them. Never understood how different hives will have different honey that live in the same area, always assumed they find different sources, still seems strange though.
    The honey straight from the hive is the best honey you can get hands down.

Straight from the farm honey and maple syrup are two of my favorite things in the world. My neighbor makes the honey and I make the syrup. Don't know which I like best but life sure is sweet when my pantry is stocked.

Honey is very regional. Some things are constant. My honey from clover patches always produced very dark honey. My honey from hives in poplar trees or strawberry patches was always light. Pesticides are rough on them. Something like having a hive to close to the garden and simple seven dust will F up a hive.

I eat a lot of honey, all unfiltered not pasteurized. I buy honey everywhere I go, I love the different variations.
    1680099484102.gif

Same here. I try to get glass containers though, plastic is fucking gross

Also, everyone should try honey with a giant chunk of honeycomb too

Honey is very regional. Some things are constant. My honey from clover patches always produced very dark honey. My honey from hives in poplar trees or strawberry patches was always light. Pesticides are rough on them. Something like having a hive to close to the garden and simple seven dust will F up a hive.
    This is why I had to stop with my bees. Have county planes that spray for mosquitoes and if you do not get your hives covered up it was not good.

• Sad
    Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    My buddy that goes to a Russian Orthodox Church in north Houston down here brings me stuff from a little Russian food shop has been getting me crystallized honey that comes in from the balkens and it’s been far superior to any honey I’ve had at this point in my life. Nice clean subtle sweet flavor.

My buddy over in eastern montana has bees. Honey is great from there.

I also get Bee pollen from him. it contains vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, lipids, and protein. It comes from the pollen that collects on the bodies of bees as they fly from one flower to another. It has a flowery taste but it depends on where the bees are getting the pollen from.