• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Hooper Ordnance Bolt Knob installs, Muzzle thread

Hooper

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2005
Central AL
386900857.jpg

Knob%20Multiple.JPG

Completed%20tactical%20knob%20install.JPG

10-22%20barrel.JPG

383911779.jpg

384145068.jpg

384145072.jpg

383104452.jpg

Knobs are machined the STD method where the handle is machined then threaded. I will do the Drill/stud insert method only on repairs where the handle is snapped off or on customer request. I really have not seen where one is better than the other. Both have their good points.

I will do thread jobs on most firearms including the FN AR.

Thread adapters available as well.

Re: Hooper Ordnance Bolt Knob installs, Muzzle thread

383104446.jpg

Ruger MKIII slabside I did for a fellow over on ST. Thread specs are for a Silencerco Sparrow.

382737111.jpg

Extending a S&W 9mm Auto for AAC EVO 9

315600589.jpg

Savage Bolt Handle with knob installed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hooper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
383104446.jpg

Ruger MKIII slabside I did for a fellow over on ST. Thread specs are for a Silencerco Sparrow.

</div></div>

I need to get my 22/45 MKIII to you to have it threaded for my .22 Sparrow. what's your turn around time?

Lemme repost these one more time, this is a Green Mountain 10/22 barrel done by Hooper. Screw the thread protector on, and it just disappears.

22004.jpg

22005.jpg

22006.jpg

I don't have pics of the bolt knob I just got back last week, but you know what they look like anyway.

Thanks for the business. New products coming soon.

+ 1 for Hooper

Did a bolt knob for me on a Kimber Longmaster .....very nice .

Great guy ......Excellent work !

I can do most rimfire bolts as well.

Hooper just installed a Badger knob and handle reinforcing screws on my 700P bolt and did a great. The Man is an Artist! I'm gonna be sending the rifle back to him for some <span style="font-style: italic">custom</span> work next week

Thanks for the kind words. I am pleased you like the work I did for you.

Got my bolt back from Hooper.

Great job Hoop !!

Many thanks

James B.

386900857.jpg

386900858.jpg

386900856.jpg

Here is a Winchester 70 in Stainless steel I did for a Hide Member.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hooper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
386900857.jpg

386900858.jpg

386900856.jpg

Here is a Winchester 70 in Stainless steel I did for a Hide Member. </div></div>

I want to do this for my Model 70.

How much for this install (including the price of the knob itself)?

Re: Hooper Ordnance Bolt Knob installs, Muzzle thr

I think the above pics are of my bolt. I just recieved it from Hooper's and it's freaking beautiful. He had it to me in the time quoted(pretty fast!) and his communication was flawless.

The Winchester Bolt Knob install is $90

Thanks for the kind words. Nice to hear as those are not fun to do.

Whats your turnaround time estimate for a Remmy 700 bolt knob ?

Very nice work!

Turn time is now about 1 week door to door, however in the recent past it was a little longer due to workload and some things that could not be avoided.

He's still alive, I talked to him on the phone yesterday. He said he was backed up but working through the orders.

Knob i designed the other day and made on our plastic prototype machine at work. took it to a friend who owns a machine shop, he is going to cut 10 of them and anodize them black for me. if you already have your bolt threaded in 5/16-24 unf might be worth looking at.

IMAG0030.jpg

That could double as a thinga ma jiggy

New products coming soon.

As always, we will consider trade items for our services and products.

Now doing full builds as well.

Tactical Knob installs:
Remington $80 returned

Winchester/FN, HS, Ruger, CZ $115 returned

Offering a vast array of knob options. The most popular is the Tapered tactical orbendorf style. All Anodized aluminum.

Thank you

383911779.jpg

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M700Love</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Do you offer this style of fluting? </div></div>
Yes he does, that is a picture of bolts he fluted. Hooper does nice work. My rifle should be back from him today.

OK, I wasn't sure if the pic was to illustrate the bolt knobs or the fluting. Do he paint or coat the bolts after fluting?

I don't remember if he does coating. Check his website and/or give him a call.

Think I might have hooper do a full build his stuff looks top notch

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benfur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Think I might have hooper do a full build his stuff looks top notch </div></div>

Thanks. I have been devoting extra time in the shop trying to catch up. Our suppressor line will be out next month along with some other neat products as well.

I will be glad to build a rifle for you.

Got my rifle back from Hooper today. He did the bolt knob a long time ago. This time he threaded the barrel and made a thread protector, opened up my barrel channel, pillar and epoxy bedded my Manners T4A, inletted for a Badger M5, and installed a Badger recoil lug. Threading is perfect, bedding job is top notch, and the inletting for the bottom metal is perfect. No gaps. Thanks Hooper for the great job!
24xqfy9.jpg

sguayx.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got my rifle back from Hooper today. He did the bolt knob a long time ago. This time he threaded the barrel and made a thread protector, opened up my barrel channel, pillar and epoxy bedded my Manners T4A, inletted for a Badger M5, and installed a Badger recoil lug. Threading is perfect, bedding job is top notch, and the inletting for the bottom metal is perfect. No gaps. Thanks Hooper for the great job!
24xqfy9.jpg

sguayx.jpg
</div></div>

Thanks, I am pleased you like the work I put into it. That barrel is a truck axle. I had to use 1.125" SS bar to make the thread protector. Looks like it was touched by a few hide supporters. The finish guy did a great job.