• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Hooper Ordnance bolt mod

mark5pt56

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2005
Florida
I sent it off to Hooper Ordnance for the 700 bolt mod, which included the Badger knob and three machine screws through the handle to the bolt body. Got it back and it looks great!

It's a new 700P, haven't shot it yet, will be tomorrow though. So far I've added the mod to the bolt, Seekins bipod/sling plate(which was sent with 10x24 screws and I had to go get some 10x32's:( I used the Near 25 moa base and Seekins med rings, which hold the NF 3.5-10 x50 MLR/Mil in place. I planned to do the 8x40 receiver screws, but was unable to get that scheduled beforehand. Oh, and the Eagle stock pack.

The other things I may do is add the CDI metal/mags and what's the opinion on the Sako extractor mod?

I have a variety of ammo to shoot through it until I get the components to reload for it.

Mark

Re: Hooper Ordnance bolt mod

and no pictures?

well ok--the flash shows the cold blue area. don't really see it otherwise. I may go over it with Aluma-Hyde II or Hooper said he's getting his Cerokote geared up and I could send it in if I wanted to.

Mark

015.jpg

020.jpg

Glad you got it in Mark.

When things slow down I will offer a package to include knob, reinforcing screws, and refinishing. I just need to set a paint booth up where I can do volume work.

Thanks for the kind words.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hooper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad you got it in Mark.

When things slow down I will offer a package to include knob, reinforcing screws, and refinishing. I just need to set a paint booth up where I can do volume work.

Thanks for the kind words. </div></div>

No worries, that machining is top notch. The rain has stopped and I get to ring steel to 800 in a couple of hours!

Mark