• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hope for Connecticut

High Binder

Resident Tribologist
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2008
Occupied Colorado
Bravo to those who refuse to be led to slaughter.

"At roughly 50,000 applications, officials estimate that as little as 15 percent of the covered semi-automatic rifles have actually been registered with the state."

Officials in Connecticut Stunned by What Could Be a Massive, State-Wide Act of ?Civil Disobedience? by Gun Owners | TheBlaze.com

On Jan. 1, 2014, tens of thousands of defiant gun owners seemingly made the choice not to register their semi-automatic rifles with the state of Connecticut as required by a hastily-passed gun control law. By possessing unregistered so-called “assault rifles,” they all technically became guilty of committing Class D felonies overnight.

Police had received 47,916 applications for “assault weapons certificates” and 21,000 incomplete applications as of Dec. 31, Lt. Paul Vance told The Courant.

At roughly 50,000 applications, officials estimate that as little as 15 percent of the covered semi-automatic rifles have actually been registered with the state. “No one has anything close to definitive figures, but the most conservative estimates place the number of unregistered assault weapons well above 50,000, and perhaps as high as 350,000,” the report states.

Needless to say, officials and some lawmakers are stunned. (<--Idiots)

Due to the new gun control bill passed in April, likely at least 20,000 individual people — possibly as many as 100,000 — are now in direct violation of the law for refusing to register their guns. As we noted above, that act is now a Class D Felony.

Mike Lawlor, “the state’s top official in criminal justice,” suggested maybe the firearms unit in Connecticut could “sent them a letter.” However, he said an aggressive push to prosecute gun owners in the state is not going to happen at this point.

Lawlor, the undersecretary for criminal justice policy in the state Office of Policy and Management, also suggested that the legislature should reopen the registration period to encourage more gun owners to register their firearms.

You may recall the viral photo of Connecticut gun owners waiting in line to register their guns in December, which one person said reminded them of the “Weimar Germany.”

Republican state Sen. Tony Guglielmo told The Courant he recently spoke to a constituent at a meeting in Ashford, who informed him that some of his friends with semi-automatic rifles are intentionally taking a stand.

“He made the analogy to prohibition,” the lawmaker recalled. “I said, ‘You’re talking about civil disobedience, and he said ‘Yes.’”

Guglielmo said he really thought the “vast majority would register.”

Other officials think the low registration numbers are due to ignorance on behalf of gun owners who aren’t aware of the new law. It’s impossible to know the main reason why gun owners aren’t showing up to register their guns without hearing from them directly, though Guglielmo’s constituent indicates at least some are practicing “civil disobedience.”

“Sorting out the number of potential new felons is a guessing game. State police have not added up the total number of people who registered the 50,000 firearms, Vance said. So even if we knew the number of illegal guns in the state, we’d have a hard time knowing how many owners they had,” the report concludes.

Mike Lawlor, “the state’s top official in criminal justice,” suggested maybe the firearms unit in Connecticut could “sent them a letter.” However, he said an aggressive push to prosecute gun owners in the state is not going to happen at this point.

I live in a free state, so I don't understand:
How would they know who to send a letter to (requesting you register your weapon)?
I thought the purpose of the registration is to find out who has what.

I live in a free state, so I don't understand:
How would they know who to send a letter to (requesting you register your weapon)?
I thought the purpose of the registration is to find out who has what.

They know because since the 90s the state has required FFLs for all sales and private citizens for pistols to call the state and get a authorization number and then the seller has to send the form to the state. Not just the federal forms.

The state has for years been keeping track of gun owners in a back door way. There is no hope for this state and the people who didn't register are the idiots because the state already knows what they have and this statement "However, he said an aggressive push to prosecute gun owners in the state is not going to happen at this point." doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. They will be looking in the future. Hopefully it's not until I moved to NC.

The people who didnt register are not idiots Rob. They are forcing the authorities to admit they just created a couple hundred thousand felons, and tempting them to do something about it. It is a big FU and the message is being received loud and clear. Now the authorities are in a tizzy wondering how they get out of this without looking like bigger fools than they already do. Do they suck up the slap in the face, or do they try and enforce? By now the realization must be creeping in that a sizable percentage will resist confiscation too. They are learning or will learn, some people actually adhere to closely held beliefs even if it costs them something dear.

Was Rosa Parks an idiot when she told the authorities to pound sand? Thankfully there are still plenty of Americans willing to put their ass on the line for principles.

Last edited:
To add onto what KY said, these people (a solid majority of CT gun owners) have effectively nullified the law. Sure the state may know who some of them are but these people who didn't register may have saved the asses of the one's that did. Time will tell but there is simply no way to arrest/trial/jail several hundred thousand people. Rob, would you have registered your guns if you knew so many weren't going to? I'd bet that the few who did register did so because they figured everyone else was going to line up as well.

Strength in numbers.

The state knows they created a stupid law. They did it for a reason. They don't care. Easy to make statements like you do from a free state KY. Well I have lived in this state for 47 years and it's only a matter of time before they go looking for those people and then they will be felons and have no right to own any firearm. There is a big difference between sitting on a bus and becoming a felon.

The law is being fought but it has already been upheld in the first court to hear it. We will see what happens on appeal. Even the election won't help as the Republican candidate voted for the law.

It will get ugly when the assholes in Hartford start looking for people and hopefully I am gone by then.

The state knows they created a stupid law. They did it for a reason. They don't care. Easy to make statements like you do from a free state. Well I have lived in this state for 47 years and it's only a matter of time before they go looking for those people and then they will be felons and have no right to own any firearm. There is a big difference between sitting on a bus and becoming a felon.

The law is being fought but it has already been upheld in the first court to hear it. We will see what happens on appeal. Even the election won't help as the Republican candidate voted for the law.

It will get ugly when the assholes in Hartford start looking for people and hopefully I am gone by then.

Rob, it says right in the article --> "Guglielmo said he really thought the “vast majority would register.”" I don't think they thought it was a stupid law, I think they thought that people would obey any law they created and are now dumbstruck that people refused to.

I know it's easy to say that from a so called "free state" but if the same laws passed here (and it will before too long), I can tell you which side I'll be on. (Hint: It wouldn't involve standing in a line). These are just fundamental principals but that's not really the point here. The point is that the vast majority of your fellow CT gun owners didn't register and because there are so many of them vs. those who did register the law is in effect nullified. We'll see what your Execs do as the ball is now in their court but I suspect they're freaking out at the idea that a huge number of people just told them to "fuck off".

Guglielmo was against the law and is on our side. The law is not in effect nullified. It's in full effect. Just because people didn't register doesn't mean anything except they better hope they don't get caught. You didn't register but say you have a fire in your house. Guess what? When they find your rifle you are under arrest and now a felon. You fall and EMS comes in your house and your rifle is there. Again guess what? Felon. Or any other number of reasons someone might be in your house beyond your control.

I am not going to argue this any longer. Everyone has to make their own choices and live with it.

Time will tell but there is simply no way to arrest/trial/jail several hundred thousand people.

Personally, I think the politicians are stupid enough to try. If the citizenry resist, especially in a violent way, it will be just exactly what they want...an excuse to bring in troops and declare martial law with house to house search's. Remember what happened right next door in Boston...don't think they cant/wont escalate that anytime they want.

You people that think they wont imprison people because of the vast numbers that didn't register, might be correct. If you do get caught however what will happen is you WILL get a felony rap sheet, you WILL get your firearms confiscated, and subsequently destroyed. You most likely WILL get your permit revoked, and then what are you going to do?

I think that the state would be afraid of another ruby ridge situation on there hands.. Fear is the biggest reason that things continue to go the way they are going FEAR ! of a felony charge FEAR! of jail FEAR! of financial ruin, and so many other things to also FEAR! most of us have family's that depend on us. Mortgages car payments we just have so much to loose so we choose what we are willing to loose.. All of the above and our freedom or A gun? the problem is once you give up the GUN, FREEDOM OF SPEACH, FREEDOME OF BELEAF, PRIVACY, ANY THING THAT THE CONSTATUTION! gives us! Than you essentially have given up your freedom any way.

At some point you become tired of it and that's when some one like Rosa Parks appears and "peacefully" refuses to move to the back of the buss regardless of consequences. That's when some one like Rev. L.L. Anderson steps up to the plate and leads a "peaceful" march on March 7 1965 from Selma to Montgomery known as bloody Sunday again regardless of the consequences. actions like this use to inspire "PEACFULL" revolts that brought about change.. Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King, Jr. stood in front of the Lincoln Memorial on Wednesday, August 28, 1963 in front of a quarter million people and delivered arguably one of the greatest speeches in American history and he did it on a WEDNSDAY.. Today if it don't happen on a Saturday it aint happenen!! When was the last time 250,000 people ascended on Washington with purpose like that.

I say organize and PEACFULLY protest don't register but move your fire arms out of state for the time being make DAMN SURE they cant be found. When they show up to search seize and arrest let them in let them search just to come up empty handed.. How many times do you think that will happen before they start to feel the heat on there search warrants. Organize a massive protest on any days this go's to the courts. These people want complacency and America wasn't born from complacency it was borne from the opposite. we choose our prison either way its a prison

Yeah , it's easy to make that statement from here, but like millions of others I've also risked my ass far beyond getting charged with a felony, so the inference that I dont know what its like to have skin in the game won't hunt. I'm not the enemy here, I'm on your side. I hate this for you and your neighbors there. I just don't believe your neighbors taking this risk deserve to be characterized as idiots. Some of them are no doubt reading this and I want them to know I appreciate and respect them. I believe they understand what they are doing, why they are doing it, and should be honored for it. Going forward I hope every resident there continues to resist to the max they are able because everyone who does makes it easier for their neighbor to do so. The sad fact is, even if the people of Conn win this fight it won't be before some of them lose, and lose hard. There are few immaculate victories in this world, on the contrary a few always pay the price for the rest and we need to lift them up not denigrate them.

It truly angers me that the citizens of the Constitution state even have to make this choice, but that is why I try to advocate for returning to the Constitution and it's insurance policy (the Second) wherever and whenever I can, because bad government can and will happen anywhere. I am sincerely thankful to the citizens of CT doing what they can because they are also helping to prevent this from happening elsewhere. Make no mistake the eyes of many would be tyrannical gun grabbers across the country are watching the citizens of CT. For all of our sake I hope you put the fear of God in them in any way you can, so that they might learn the beginnings of respect for the people and the rule of law vice the rule of man.

I realize that this guy may have become in the end what he railed against but his quote seems absolutely appropriate for the times. I apologize for quoting him again.

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I find it odd that some people think enforcing existing law on 11 million people to be an impossible task but in order to infringe upon the rights of some 100 million plus people new law will be created in hopes of collecting and destroying some 300 million firearms.

I guess they have priorities. Never thought Id be living 1984.

You people that think they wont imprison people because of the vast numbers that didn't register, might be correct. If you do get caught however what will happen is you WILL get a felony rap sheet, you WILL get your firearms confiscated, and subsequently destroyed. You most likely WILL get your permit revoked, and then what are you going to do?

Justice department this week advocated for reinstalling voting rights to some 5 million convicted felons. Don't you think they will maintain 2nd Amendment rights to those felons created by this law?

Im sure they will as strongly defend the voting rights of these new felons.

Justice department this week advocated for reinstalling voting rights to some 5 million convicted felons. Don't you think they will maintain 2nd Amendment rights to those felons created by this law?

Im sure they will as strongly defend the voting rights of these new felons.

That's Holder and he's only advocating for voting rights, not firearm rights. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!

The fight belongs in the courts, not on the streets. Although I doubt anything will come of it. I registered and I felt like I lost something when I did.

I heard an unconfirmed rumor that the state police formed a special unit to go over paperwork from previously sold weapons to verify them against what was registered in an effort to catch civil disobedients. If they start breaking down doors, it will get ugly in a hurry.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The law is not in effect nullified. It's in full effect. Just because people didn't register doesn't mean anything except they better hope they don't get caught. You didn't register but say you have a fire in your house. Guess what? When they find your rifle you are under arrest and now a felon.

I am not going to argue this any longer.

The law may not be nullified in the de jure sense but when you have the vast majority of people not abiding by the law it is de facto nullified which is exactly what the article is getting at. I do agree with you about not getting caught with unregistered guns and I figured it would go without saying that if you chose not to register your gun that they would be in the ground. I also tend to think that a lot of people may register a few so that they can keep shooting and bury a few others for that rainy day.

I didn't think this was an "argument," it's just another topic for discussion among like minded peps.

Thousands of Connecticut Gun Owners 'Flout' New Registration Law

The December 31 deadline for complying with Connecticut's new "assault weapons" registration requirement is long past, but estimates show "as little as 15 percent of the rifles classified as assault weapons owned by Connecticut residents were registered."

The Courant reports that this means thousands of Connecticut gun owners were committing Class D felonies on January 1. Estimates for the number of owners of "assault weapons" in this position range between 20,000 and 100,000.

State Senator Tony Guglielmo (R-Stafford) responded to the dearth of registrations: "I honestly thought from my own standpoint that the vast majority would register." He then added, "If you pass laws that people have no respect for and they don't follow them, then you have a real problem."

There is no clear indicator for how many ignored registration out of civil disobedience versus how many simply failed to register out of ignorance of the new law's requirements.

Either way, Mike Lawlor of Connecticut's Office of Policy and Management says the law has not failed. Rather, because all the unregistered guns are "now illegal," they are out of circulation, and "the goal [was] to have fewer of these types of weapons in circulation." (<-- where does he think they went?)

In CA, we two AW registration periods. Most AW owners did not register them. Have all the thousands of unregistered AW owners been charged with felonies? No. Did they start breaking down doors to take your un registered AW? No. One person I used to work with had a messy divorce. The police were called to his house his wife told the police about his AK's and AR's. They were unregistered. His rifles were confiscated. He was not charged with a felony or any other crime for that matter. He just lost his rifles. This is probably what will happen to CT AW owners. They will just be taken and you will not be charged with anything.

In CA, we two AW registration periods. Most AW owners did not register them. Have all the thousands of unregistered AW owners been charged with felonies? No. Did they start breaking down doors to take your un registered AW? No. One person I used to work with had a messy divorce. The police were called to his house his wife told the police about his AK's and AR's. They were unregistered. His rifles were confiscated. He was not charged with a felony or any other crime for that matter. He just lost his rifles. This is probably what will happen to CT AW owners. They will just be taken and you will not be charged with anything.

They dont charge because it would be a losing case.

If the charged party gets a half decent lawyer to educate a jury while holding up a Mini14 and comparing it to a like chambered AR/AK a reasonable jury is going to ask why is this a felony.

These laws give the state some smoke and mirrors to take your property.

That's Holder and he's only advocating for voting rights, not firearm rights. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!

Agreed but my point is the world is turned upside down. Whats bad is good, whats good is bad, the guilty are innocent, innocent are guilty, Lawbreakers are Lawful and the Law abiding are Law breakers. And you can bet our "impartial" DOJ will do little to advocate for the rights of any group with views that differ from the current ideology.

Agreed but my point is the world is turned upside down. Whats bad is good, whats good is bad, the guilty are innocent, innocent are guilty, Lawbreakers are Lawful and the Law abiding are Law breakers. And you can bet our "impartial" DOJ will do little to advocate for the rights of any group with views that differ from the current ideology.

And this is precisely why the Second Amendment exists. It is our "break glass in case of tyranny" insurance policy.

Here ya go...

1654445_673923545996467_1192607164_n.jpg

Good link, sorry for those that registered, you will be first on the list as a low risk confiscation targets. Hope cooler heads prevail, I am intrigued by the governors KGB file, is it public ?

They dont charge because it would be a losing case.

If the charged party gets a half decent lawyer to educate a jury while holding up a Mini14 and comparing it to a like chambered AR/AK a reasonable jury is going to ask why is this a felony.

These laws give the state some smoke and mirrors to take your property.

He did consult his lawyer. He was told he would loose in court. However, he did get his pistols back just not his so called AW's.

After what I went through with California's AW law, the only sounds that will come from this house is from me saying,"What part of Fuck You, do you not understand?" followed by the sound of four handguns being locked and loaded, and four rifles being locked and loaded.
We will not suffer a state or government who infringes upon our rights, nor will we tolerate it to the point of subservient relinquishment of said arms.