• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Hope Kahles has something new for SHOT this year.

RyeDaddy

Dickhole
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2009
Hellbound in Fort Worth, TX
After checking out the K624i I have a jonesin' for a mid range(magnification-wise) scope with all the same features.
Something like an updated 3-12x50 with illumination and the parallax under the elev turret and their version of the MSR reticle or even (GASP!) a 5x range like a 3-15x50, or a 4-20x50. I sent a PM a while back to one of our members here who is in the loop and he said he'd pass it up the chain. Hopefully I'm not the only one who's brought it up.

I know the trend lately is toward higher mag scopes for tactical, but half the year here the mirage is so bad that 15x and over is useless, and I like a wide FOV for hunting too.

Yep, a K315i with the Kahles MSR reticle would serve me perfectly. Anybody with me?

This thread doesn't have to be limited to Kahles, share your hopes and dreams for SHOT 2014 optics, we've got plenty of time to run with it...

I do know that Kahles has some new things, got to see some of them at the GAP Grind a couple weeks ago. I'm not however as well versed in any differences or the new products to make any comments on them other than I know they have a few things coming out. Kahles is doing an extremely fine job of keeping up with the tactical/precision rifle crowd and seems eager to build scopes suited for the task.

Geb

I spoke with the CEO of Kahles (Mag. Robet Artwohl) and I mentioned the same thing to him. I pretty much got the "its in the works" type answer which is acceptable. I ran a 3-12x56 Hensoldt at the GAP Grind and did not feel outgunned power wise, but the reticule was a little thick being a Mil Dot. I would be happy overall with their MSR-K which has a slightly thinner center crosshair IIRC. We will see at Shotshow I suppose.

Mark

A K315 with the upgraded coating and the MSR reticle... I'd kick my mother in the head for one.

The 3-12x does have the parallax under the elevation already ... not sure if they included the MSR-K, but the 3-12x has already been upgraded.

They have a new 4x which is similar to an Elcan, sort of like an overbuilt ACOG... that was on display at the GRIND

They had their F Class / Benchrest scope out, the 10-50x was there.

Yep, a K315i with the Kahles MSR reticle would serve me perfectly. Anybody with me?

I'd be down for that. Heck, even if they just upgraded the existing mildot reticle to adding illumination with half mil hashes aka gen2 MD with the stair step in that range would rock. Not sure if I'd go to the same extreme as MrSwede but I'd love one. 3-18x56 would also be a good mag range.

How's the durability with the new models?

The 3-12x does have the parallax under the elevation already ... not sure if they included the MSR-K, but the 3-12x has already been upgraded.

Seemed like a logical step, Kahles does seem to move fast to respond to customer requests. Would love some illumination and the MSR-K next, I'd be all set. Thanks for the info, can't find pics or references anywhere online to the new version with the parallax under elevation turret, so I'm glad it does exist.

I don't see the K312 available from the usual Hide-sponsor dealers with the parallax knob under the elevation knob, as mentioned by Lowlight above in Post #5. Also, I am not seeing illuminated K312s, either.....

I have a K624 Gen 2 and am ready for the new K312.

Maybe Ken from Khaybes Optics will jump in here, or anybody else with an update.

I saw K312's at SHOT at Kahles' booth and they were the same as last year, side parallax sans illumination. Hope it comes eventually. I'm still very interested, but want illumination for night hunting.