• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Hopps #9 & bugs

rweaver00geo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2010
benton il
Anyone else notice that hopps#9 attracts bugs like gnats and mosquitoes. Sometimes I find a bunch of dead ones in the bottom of a pan or film container that I use when Im cleaning. I know Im opening myself up for some abuse with this question but what the heck bring it on.

Re: Hopps #9 & bugs

The Amyl Acetate in the solution that makes it smell so good is the culprit. That is produced by many flowers and rotten bananas to attract fruit flies, among other insects.

thanks thats like a mythbusters quality answer AAA+++, it doesnt help that my shop light is right above my workbench but it just seems when im cleaning guns its worse.

I've noticed the bugs like the Hoppes too. I heard of a guy taking a pull of hoppes instead of his beer. The hoppes was sitting next to his beer. The beer was an old Budwieser bottle that looks like the hoppes bottle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hans44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've noticed the bugs like the Hoppes too. I heard of a guy taking a pull of hoppes instead of his beer. The hoppes was sitting next to his beer. The beer was an old Budwieser bottle that looks like the hoppes bottle. </div></div>

Probably tasted better than the Budweiser
wink.gif