• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornaday 178 BT Hp

Re: Hornaday 178 BT Hp

Some time soon according to Hornady. From the Superformance thread:

3. The 178 gr BTHP Match bullet is currently being boxed for individual sale and should be shipping soon. It is Item #30715. NOTE: This bullet is too long to be loaded in magazine length configuration for the 300 Win Mag. It is optimized for the 308 Win chamber.

Originally they said next year sometime I believe, I think the public outcry made them reconsider..:)

A BTHP design and a higher BC of .535. It's a great bullet especially in the Superformance ammo where a .308 can be sending it out at 2800+fps.

it will give the 175's a run for their money..I will waiting to test it. Right now I am shooing the AMAX 178 and 168's so this is another Hornady tool to play with. I am slowly becoming a Hornady whore.

Should we start calling or emailing them to let them know how good the demand is? Maybe if they see how well it will sell they will want to go ahead with it.