• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HORNADAY 22cal 68 MATCH??

260shtr

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 28, 2004
S. Illinois
Will a Hornady 68 grain BTHP stabilize in a 9 twist barrel? And if they should could you give any reasons why they are not?

Thanks

Re: HORNADAY 22cal 68 MATCH??

yep, they shoot wonderfully in my wifes SPS Tactical. Im using 25.2 H4895 lit by a Fed 205M in Rem brass OAL length 2.285. Running about 2950 out of a 20 inch barrel

I have loaded up 30 last night at 3 different charges to try today. I'll post again when I get abck from the farm. HOpefully with good news.

I have shot quite a few Hornady 68's through two different 1/9 barreled AR's with excellent results from both of them. If I remember correctly one was a Wilson barrel and the other was a Bushmaster barrel.

They even shoot great thru my 1-10 douglas at least out to 300 yds, which is as far as I have shot it yet.

Like everyone else is saying, yep they shoot fine in a 1-9. My RRA 16" likes them as much as the 69 SMK. I use 25 grains of Varget and what ever SR primer I have out at the time.