• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornaday 4DOF APP

Cheeseburger1976

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2012
Zionsville PA
OK, I’m sure I’m gonna get roasted but not understanding when I have the same rifle info inputted into the 4DOF and switch to BC calculator the drop estimate is WAY different see pics below

Attachments

• IMG_8649.png
    IMG_8649.png
    1,004.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_8647.png
    IMG_8647.png
    1,005.7 KB · Views: 43
Can we see what you have set for the "Edit Rifle Info" for both the 4DOF and the BC Calculator? Also double check the data for the bullet information.

Double check your screenshot. The BC doesn’t have the option to select the axial form factor. That option should not appear there.
Ok I’ll resend but I have too many 7PRC profiles. So I’ll show you my 6.5 creed profile same
Issue see below 4DOF and BC screenshot

Attachments

• IMG_8657.png
    IMG_8657.png
    991.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8656.png
    IMG_8656.png
    997.4 KB · Views: 28
Ok, we need to see one screen for the 4DOF profile and two screens for the BC profile. Both profiles we need to see the "Edit Rifle Info" screen, and on the BC profile we need to see the screen you get to when you go through the following steps from the profile selection menu:

Edit the profile -> Bullet/Ammo -> Enter BC Value

Reactions: Cheeseburger1976
assuming your app is the same as mine...

if youre just cloning the profile and selecting BC instead of 4DOF, it changes the bullet selected to a different bullet in the same caliber family

why idk, but double check your actual bullet in the BC calculator...maybe a bug...maybe the app doesnt tie the 4DOF data side to the BC side and it just selects a default bullet

for example, my 4DOF 6mm 108 berger profile....if i clone it, and select BC calc instead...it changes the bullet to a 6mm 65gr Vmax bullet even though it clones all of the other rifle data

Reactions: VanJoe