• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady 105 bthp question

Dildobaggins

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2020
    Running a bolt 6mm creedmoor. Looked in the reloading section, went through like 10 pages. Everyone seems to be shooting 105 berger or 115 dtac.

Anyone try the 105 bthp in a 6 CM? I can get them for around $27 a box. I know it's dependent on the barrel and shooter, but just curious how they worked for anyone who has tried. Looking to get 500 of the 105 bthp, or 500 108 eldm.

Side note. Shot the 103 eldx. With H4350. They did quite well in my gun.

Reactions: warnera1102
    The 105 BTHP is a good bullet. I shot it in my .243 years back and the newer offerings have better BCs but if you were looking for just an accurate bullet the 105 BTHP will do it. 108 ELDs work great too though.

I picked up a couple boxes at $0.25/unit for short range. Haven't field tested them yet at longer ranges. Tagged for interest.

Reactions: Dildobaggins
    The 105 BTHP is a good bullet. I shot it in my .243 years back and the newer offerings have better BCs but if you were looking for just an accurate bullet the 105 BTHP will do it. 108 ELDs work great too though.
    Good info. All the forums I read about the 105 bthp seem to be a bit older.

Good info. All the forums I read about the 105 bthp seem to be a bit older.

They kind of fall like the 175 SMK in that they are older and newer bullets have better BCs but they still work fine. I still have a few thousand I will use eventually.

In the past, I've shot some105 BTHP's in a 6 x 47 Lapua. They shot very well. Bulk price was good. I still have some on the loading bench that I'll use one of these days.

I have used them in my 6br, good accuracy, also use them for short range practice, ie positional, etc.

The 105 hpbt shoots well out of my 6X47 Lapua. If you want another option try the Barnes 112 match burner.

Rob,
    Will these both work in a 1-8 twist?

I’ve run lots of them in practice and matches. I was going to run them again this season but was never able to find them in a bulk/same lot number like I have in years past. I wouldn’t shy away from them at all. Always easy to tune. I was always able to develop quickly with new barrels, different powders, different brass, and they were never sensitive to seating depth/jump. Ran them in 243win and 6creed actually. I’ve run both calibers with 1:7 and 1:7.5, in 24” and 26” proofs, hawk hills and criterions. Worked well in all of them.

I’ve run lots of them in practice and matches. I was going to run them again this season but was never able to find them in a bulk/same lot number like I have in years past. I wouldn’t shy away from them at all. Always easy to tune. I was always able to develop quickly with new barrels, different powders, different brass, and they were never sensitive to seating depth/jump. Ran them in 243win and 6creed actually. I’ve run both calibers with 1:7 and 1:7.5, in 24” and 26” proofs, hawk hills and criterions. Worked well in all of them.
    Good to hear! I've noticed that with them and the 108 eldm in bulk. They seem to be sold out everywhere . Just ordered some 105s last night along with 108 eldm. (100 counts) See which one shoots better and go with that I think.

It’s good to have a couple options you’re willing to switch to on short notice unless you own enough of one to get through the entire season. Hard to get large quantities of anything.

Running a bolt 6mm creedmoor. Looked in the reloading section, went through like 10 pages. Everyone seems to be shooting 105 berger or 115 dtac.

Anyone try the 105 bthp in a 6 CM? I can get them for around $27 a box. I know it's dependent on the barrel and shooter, but just curious how they worked for anyone who has tried. Looking to get 500 of the 105 bthp, or 500 108 eldm.

Side note. Shot the 103 eldx. With H4350. They did quite well in my gun.
    I use 105 bthp for practice and they shooters great. I have no issues out to 1,000 yards. They are surprisingly consistent even with a slightly lower BC then the better bullets.