• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Hornady 105Match 6mm BC?

Re: Hornady 105Match 6mm BC?

I made it to the range today but had limited rounds so I was not able to get to a full 1000. 900 is as far as I had rounds for and the BTHP appears to have very near the same BC as the A-max. At 900 I needed 1/10 of a mil less elevation. I was not able to chrono as I shot but going off my velocity during load work up both loads where close to each other. I think my A-max load is only about 10 fps faster on average. But that average was only for 5 shots each so they could be +/- a little more. I have a bunch of the BTHP's so I will pass on my findings next time out. But for now there doesn’t seem to be a significant difference.

Just getting ready to play with those in my 6x47Lapua, looking forward to hearing more of what you think.

Thanks for posting!

It's going to be a couple weeks before I can run some more down range. They shoot well. Just didn’t see any real BC gain out to 900 over the A-max. Interested to see what others find.

Well I started shooting them two weeks ago! launching them from a 6x47Lapua 1in8 at 3110fps from what I can tell the b.c. is about .505. Not sure about G7 b.c. There shooting great!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://ballistics.gseven.com/

says .265 G7 for the BTHP </div></div>

Yeah Hornady claims .530 which would be about .265 G7, but I've shot them out to 1100yards and unfortunately its just not so. They're a very similar shape to the 105 Lapua Scenars that have a G1 B.C. of 472 and a G7 of 236. Which makes Hornady sound a little daft claiming .530.

.530 G1/.250 G7 matches my reality-got my hits at OTS last weekend on a 10" plate at 1040 using JBM and these numbers.

Good info, Ill go back to the drawing board and check my numbers and do some more shooting. I am liking the bullets a lot but .530 didn't line up with the shooting ive done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MTyotehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good info, Ill go back to the drawing board and check my numbers and do some more shooting. I am liking the bullets a lot but .530 didn't line up with the shooting ive done.</div></div>

Have you checked the tracking on your scope? If that is off it won't let the bullet show the true BC at distance. Tracking should be tested out to atleast 10 mils or 40 moa to see if there is any deviation. Short little box tests won't do it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thx, but I'm looking for the BTHP 105 </div></div>

I run the 105 bthp and Amax almost interchangeably in my 6 creedmore. I use the 105 AMax data from shooter and it is spot on for my 105 hpbt.

Dont know if this means anything or not but, I use Hornadys Ballistic calculator and, of course adjust my scope to get me zeroed out to 600yds and my first sighter is right in there, deadnuts for elevation, I hit the sighter plate once and right next to it this last shoot in August.