• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady 123 SST .264

BearNaked

Beer Saved The World
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Texas
I am starting to get into the 6.5 Grendel and have seen that the hornady 123gr sst is the go to bullet for this gun. the problem is every single place that I can find is out of stock. did they discontinue this bullet or just running low on supplies?

Correction, I did find one place that had stock but it was $66 for a box of 100. no thanks.

I just started shooting the 6.5 Grendel this year. I also was looking for the SSTs originally. It seemed like the go to for hunting. Well couldn’t find any either, so ended up getting some 123 ELD-Ms instead.
Higher BC so better ballistics. I’ve killed two deer this year with it, one at 40yds and 125yds. Both double lung, and dropped where they where.

I am thinking that is what I am going to have to do is just find another bullet. I have heard the 120 ballistic tips are pretty good as well. just haven't made up my mind yet since I was thinking these were going to be coming back sometime soon.

From my reading Anythjng in the 120-123 range is ideal. That’s not to say others won’t work. What are you shooting? Target? Hunting? Competition? I’d give the ELDMs a look. They shot very well out of my 18” centurion barrel.
I’ll look up my load specs for you.
But was using CFE223 and AR Comp.

This rifle will be mostly hunting and target. I was hoping the 123 sst were good to go since they would be able to pull double duty. but it is looking more like I will have to start off with something else before I am able to get these.

Hunting will be 500 yards and in with the majority of shots within 300 yards. The whole purpose of this gun is to replace me having to lug around my 16lbs comp gun when I go hunting. I already have a case that will hold my ar pistol and this upper in it so I can just swap back and forth with an upper change.

That exactly why I got mine. I was tired of humping around my 308 AR10 which was just to much, plus had to much scope on it.
I threw on a 1-6 Vortex Strike Eagle on my grendel and shot it out to 600. It was good for what I wanted it for, Knowing most of my hunting shots will be 300 an in.

Reactions: BearNaked
They just came into stock yesterday. I already bought a couple hundred. that site actually has some of the best pricing on reloading bullets that I have seen. now just need to try them out.