• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady 147 ELDM Factory ammo powder?

Sooner Sniper

Shooting Enthusiast
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2020
COLORADO
Does anyone by chance know what powder Hornady loads in their 147 gr ELDM 6.5 PRC ammo?

Thx in advance for any assistance!

I think it may be IMR 4831, but if anyone knows for sure and can confirm that would be great.

It may be 4831... But it's likely a powder (or powders) that they have had manufactured to their specifications.

Example: The Superformance powder that you can buy in 1 or 8 lb jugs is not the same powder that Hornady puts in their Superformance ammo.

Mike

Reactions: Baron23
I asked a while back and they claim not to use any “canister powder” in their ammunition.

Thank you both for the replies. I was trying to short cut load development for a trip next week and my rifle shoots the Hornady factory stuff sub MOA out of the box, but I got lucky and the first load I tested using N565 was sub 1/2 MOA so I’m good to go.

Thank you both for the replies. I was trying to short cut load development for a trip next week and my rifle shoots the Hornady factory stuff sub MOA out of the box, but I got lucky and the first load I tested using N565 was sub 1/2 MOA so I’m good to go.

Reactions: OkieMike