• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady 212 ELD-X Seating Stem Issues

wpeach1912

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2020
I recently bought some match grade Hornady 300 WSM dies as I am switching to 300 WSM from 300 WM. I am also planning on switching to 212 ELD-X bullets, so I purchased the 212 ELD-X seating stem from Midway (Hornady product number 397134). I went to load some dummy rounds for my 300 WSM barrel on order, and the 212 ELD-X stem would not fit in the seating die. It seemed the OD of the stem was to large for the ID of the seating stem opening in the die. I then also checked how a bullet fit in the stem by just sticking a bullet into the stem while holding it in my hand. There was significantly more play with the 212 ELD-X seating stem with a 212 ELD-X bullet than with the same bullet in the stem that shipped with the dies. Has anyone had similar issue with this? I feel like the 212 ELD-X stem I got is not actually for the 212 ELD-X. The numbers engraved on the stem match the product number it is supposed to be though.