• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady 22-250 Superformance 50 vmax

Georgedubya

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2018
USA
I bought a bunch of this stuff for a coyote rig with a 1:12 twist proof barrel, and the rifle doesn’t like it at all. Anyone shot this out of a 1:8 or 1:14 Tikka? Might buy one for my kids if it shoots. Otherwise not sure what I’ll do! Thanks much.

Last edited:
I bought a bunch of this stuff for a coyote rig with a 1:12 twist proof barrel, and the rifle doesn’t like it at all. Anyone shot this out of a 1:8 or 1:14 Tikka? Might by one for my kids if it shoots. Otherwise not sure what I’ll do! Thanks much.
I tried one of their 55gr .223 loadings when Superformance first hit the market. Experienced significant vertical stringing out of two proven ARs. Communicated with the mfr, got a shipping label, sent the remaining ammo back to them. They "tested" it, stating that they found no problems. After further communication, they sent replacement ammo, which was a different loading. I sold the new ammo shortly after receiving it, without trying any of it & have never felt the need to try any of the Superformance again. Hornady, yes. Superformance, no.

Best of Luck,
Keith

I’ve used the 223 53 grain Superformance and it’s been pretty solid. But this 22-250 with the 50 grainers doesn’t agree with my proof 1:12.

I bought a bunch of this stuff for a coyote rig with a 1:12 twist proof barrel, and the rifle doesn’t like it at all. Anyone shot this out of a 1:8 or 1:14 Tikka? Might by one for my kids if it shoots. Otherwise not sure what I’ll do! Thanks much.
It's the most accurate factory ammo I've found out of my preferred barrel(1-12), and my factory tikka barrel(1-14).

Reactions: Charlie112