• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady 30733 bthp 208gr twist

seanh

Fucktard Ring ldr
Banned !
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2011
Houston, TX
I'm trying to find out if my 11.25 twist will stabilize this bullet. Unfortunately, I no longer have a computer with a twist calculator and nothing I see online contain the bullet in the database. The other issue is incomplete bullet info to plug into the available calculator.

I don't have any problem stabilising the older Amax pushing them 2650 to 2700. The reason I'm looking at a different bullet is because the polymer tip requires deeper seating then other Bt HP I've used.

Does anybody have any experience with this bullet and the 11.25 twist rate? Or have the bullet information so I can enter it into a Twist calculator

It should be but just barely, if you were shooting the AMax and it was working I would think the BTHP would work

I would think so but with all the different bullet designs it's really just an unknown. A-MAX for example I believe it's supposed to be a 10 inch twist to stabilize but it does very well for me. I've tried the SMk's in 200 grain... They don't do very well, but one of the burgers did at that weight I just don't remember which bullet was.

Normally I would just buy some locally and try but I'm trying to spread out shipping and Hazmat fees.

I should probably just called hornet dating for the information... Was just hoping somebody here had use them and could take some measurements or provide some information

What temperature/density altitude are you planning to shoot ?

Can't tell you density altitude... never have used it. Will be shooting and Houston Texas, typical Summers...
Humidity typically between 65 - 95%... throughout any given day

Barometric pressure- currently 30.00 and would have to look up the typical average

Temperature? Typically summer months will be 95 just a hair over 100.

So when you say planning to shoot... whatever the conditions are so long it's not raining.

If you are in Houston I would bet you aren’t going to be maybe a 100ft at most which is going to make a difference and not in a good way

Should still be stable coming out above 2600 FPS on a warm day. But you’d be marginally stable on a cold northern day.

I shouldn't have an issue with speed but now that I'm rethinking this I'm going to have to do some testing. Now that I'm shooting a magazine and not seating the bullet farther out there's definitely going to have to be some adjustments made.

I'm not concerned about temperatures here in the Houston area. There's really only a few weeks out of the Year where temperatures are low enough to be marginally questionable.