• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Hornady 338 Lapua 285 gr BTHP Match field report?

oneshot.onehit

Trigger Puller
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2010
USA
Has anyone had any time running these down a barrel yet?

I’ve been running the 300 gr. Scenars down my 27” 1-10 twist with good results there was a lot of hype when these first were announced I haven’t seen much since, anyone been shooting these at all

Re: Hornady 338 Lapua 285 gr BTHP Match field report?

Shoot a lot of the 250gr lapua scenario and they are unreal! 3000fps in a 29". 1:9.75. W/ surefire titanium can. Solid flight to 2500 easy.

Also shoot some of the 262gr Swiss. About 2900 fps, don't buck the wind quite as consistently as the Lapua.

Have shot some 300gr black hills ( they use Lapua brass). At distance we held approximate 2+ minutes to achieve same hits as the faster 250's. I believe LPus uses the N550 in their match ammo, we'll be build & testing to see if we can mirror their load!

i was also wondering about this bullet. it only looked ok on paper, and had a pretty high price tag, but the #s on paper dont always tell the whole story.
if some one has some laying around , id be happy to test them in my edge and see how they stack up with the berger hybrids.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264win</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i was also wondering about this bullet. it only looked ok on paper, and had a pretty high price tag, but the #s on paper dont always tell the whole story.
if some one has some laying around , id be happy to test them in my edge and see how they stack up with the berger hybrids. </div></div>

I ended up getting a couple 100 rounds to use next week of the loaded Hornady match 285s, I was running low on the Lapua 300 Scenars and next week I will be using a 100 rounds a day possible, so we will see how they compare, BC wise they should be close to the Scenars or SMKs but we will see how consistent the loads themselves end up at the extended distances in comparison with the 300 gr Scenars.

I am looking forward to just shooting my own reloads here soon with the 338, I have to admit the Factory Lapua ammo has shot well out of the Barrett 98B 27”. I have a good count of Lapua brass now to start working the loads soon

oneshot.onehit