• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady 4DOF app and WeatherFlow meter

Shawn1492

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
Colorado
When using the 4DOF app paired with the weatherflow meter I once found a way to turn on or off what bits of data where imported from the meter. I now can’t remember how I got to that setting adjustment and want to turn the wind reading back on. I have it set to import temp, pressure and altitude. Does anyone know how to change this before I call and bother Hornady?
Shawn.

When using the 4DOF app paired with the weatherflow meter I once found a way to turn on or off what bits of data where imported from the meter. I now can’t remember how I got to that setting adjustment and want to turn the wind reading back on. I have it set to import temp, pressure and altitude. Does anyone know how to change this before I call and bother Hornady?
Shawn.

I can’t get the wind input from the Weatherflow meter to work correctly in the 4DOF. Did you ever figure this out?

Reactions: Shawn1492
Kind of. On the app you tap (pair meter). Then enable use weather meter. After the meter is paired you can tap on the paired device again and it takes you to the device functions that you want to import. But my app doesn’t allow me to import parameters that I turned off. They suggested I uninstall the app and reinstall it. But that would wipe out so much saved data I’m not doing that.

Shawn1492 can you back up your data by saving it under settings and turn on auto sync?

I thought that saved all your gun profiles to the cloud.

Anyone know how to increase the sync time between 4DOF and WEATHERFLOW meter? Mine takes about 10 seconds to sync. It’s not giving me instant readings like it does with the Geoballistics app.