• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady 4DOF vs Lapua 6DOF dont match

pitdog85

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2017
Heres one for the ballistic experts here. I have run the numbers using the exact same environmentals everything exactly the same all inputs etc for both 139 scenars and 136scenar L. Looking to do some ELR next year as I'm likely to have access to 1500m fingers crossed. Anyway ran the numbers with the 139 scenar at 1500m the hornady dof app is calling for 0.4mil more elevation than the lapua app. Both are calling for exactly the same wind in a 10mph which is good.

Now the 136 scenar L is a bit more messy. The Hornady 4dof app is calling for a full 1.6mil less elevation at 1500m and 0.35mil less wind than the lapua 6dof app.

I personally hate the lapua 6dof app but which one do you think would be more accurate for this ELR stuff. Obviously I will see what happens in the real world but just looking to make sure I start with the right one. My velocity numbers 2745fps for a 139 scenar would fall into the common range I would imagine.

No software matches, they all have their quirks and requires you to tweak them so you see variations

The 6DOF from Lapua does not work even with their bullets, I have spoken to them about it.

The weather is off, and even on detailed calls about my data with them running it, the software is wrong

use better software

No software matches, they all have their quirks and requires you to tweak them so you see variations

The 6DOF from Lapua does not work even with their bullets, I have spoken to them about it.

The weather is off, and even on detailed calls about my data with them running it, the software is wrong

use better software

Thanks Frank that answers my question I was about to smash my phone trying to use the lapua app, will stick with the 4dof app it is easier to work with.

I personally hate the lapua 6dof app but which one do you think would be more accurate for this ELR stuff. Obviously I will see what happens in the real world but just looking to make sure I start with the right one. My velocity numbers 2745fps for a 139 scenar would fall into the common range I would imagine.
Which cartridge are you using?