• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady 50 BMG press avaiable anywhere?

alpha6164

Minuteman
Oct 3, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
I have checked the usual spots and i cant find the Hornady 50 BMG press kit anywhere. I can understand bullets, powder and ammo being out but 50 BMG is not even on the list of being banned so wondering why it is out of stock anywhere. Midway has kept pushing back in stock date every month and now it shows november.

I doubt Hornady has an independent casting and machining department just for the 50 bmg press, so with the standard presses being sold like hot cakes, they are probably making those instead. I'm sure eventually they will retool and make a run of 50 bmg presses. You just have to hope you can grab one when they become available.

FWIW, the RCBS Ammomaster 2 is nearly identical to the Hornady 50BMG press, though I'm not sure if you can get it in kit form.