• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady 6 Creedmoor brass...is it reloadable?

ELRKelly

Private
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2022
Tennessee, USA
I shot over 1800 rounds of 6mm Creedmoor Hornady factory ammo in the last 12 months. Now that I'm near a barrel change interval, I've decided to switch to 6GT and have ordered a barrel from MPA that should be here soon. I've bought everything to be able to reload for this new caliber. So now I'm sitting here with this mountain of 6CM Hornady brass, but I understand that Hornady brass is not viewed very favorably within the precision long range community. So I guess my question is, is it worth it to try and sell this stuff or should I just sell it for scrap?

Sell, it someone will use it, especially since Lapua has paused production of 6 CM brass.. Lapua is better brass, but the Hornady is serviceable.

Reactions: max1840
I am on my 4th firing and haven’t had any issues as of yet. Don’t discount it until you try it. Is it gonna last as long as Lapua? Probably not, but you got it so I would use it.
This is on the 3rd firing. 110 Atips H4350
9C03853F-1919-4B12-AD1F-DA452492FAB8.jpeg

I shot over 1800 rounds of 6mm Creedmoor Hornady factory ammo in the last 12 months. Now that I'm near a barrel change interval, I've decided to switch to 6GT and have ordered a barrel from MPA that should be here soon. I've bought everything to be able to reload for this new caliber. So now I'm sitting here with this mountain of 6CM Hornady brass, but I understand that Hornady brass is not viewed very favorably within the precision long range community. So I guess my question is, is it worth it to try and sell this stuff or should I just sell it for scrap?Its not top, top quality. Meaning its not Lapua... or ADG, Alpha OCD, Peterson....like that. But, they are also over a buck apiece.

Its not Laupa, ADG, Alpha OCD, or Peterson...but its not a buck or more apiece, either.

I've reloaded Hndy in 6.5 CM and have had fairly decent results. I'm not an expert reloader and I've gotten SD's of 11-12 with over 100 Labradar data points....which ain't bad, in my book.

Either load them or sell them...someone will want them, but they are fine for reloading as far as I can see. If you want to sell them and sell them fast, offer them for like .35/each on lots of 300 and incl shipping in a Priority box (which is why lots of 300...to amortize the shipping). They will go.

Like others have said, not Lapua but not bad. I had a law enforcement source until it dried up. Min. Shoulder bump and Annealed every loading… got 4 loadings out of it.

Total trash. Mail them to me and I will dispose of them for you. Haha

• Haha
Reactions: Heretic
Definitely serviceable, but I'm still trying to wear out my hornady brass so I can switch over to Lapua. I'm on my 7 to 9 firings depending and loosing a decent amount now. Primer pockets are letting go, as I anneal every time. I'll probably get around 10 per case.

I was given 800 pieces of this brass. I'm really impressed with it. Weights are fairly close, lengths are very uniform as is the seating force for primers. Primer pocket depth varies a few thou but doesn't seem to affect accuracy. It has a bit more case capacity than Norma or Lapua. I had planned to use it in bulk loads for casual 500-700 yard steel but was amazed during load development with the accuracy. It was easily as good as the high price stuff. I'll keep using it for as long as it lasts.