• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady A-Max 168gr. vs SMK 168gr. Rem. 700 AAC-SD

p5200

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2008
poplar bluff mo.
for those that have tried both in this particular rifle, which one did you get the best, accuracy and consistency with at 100yd. groups? Thanks!
smile.gif

Re: Hornady A-Max 168gr. vs SMK 168gr. Rem. 700 AAC-SD

I run 175 Smk in mine with pretty good accuracy. I was hitting a 10 inch plate 6 out of 9 rounds at 823 yards on sat.

Re: Hornady A-Max 168gr. vs SMK 168gr. Rem. 700 AAC-SD

i see that I am probably going to be in the minority here but.. I have the exact same rifle you do and load my own stuff. I find the smk to be really tolerant on jump. If your aac sd is the same as mine you will have a HUGE jump (.11) on a normal max OAL round. Lots of free bore. When i do O-give loads it takes me out to 2.93 and i start feeling iffy on neck hold. That said, i can run anything from a 2.78 oal to a 2.93 (.02 jam) and see almost no change in group size. That alone makes it my go to round since i can load to generic oal max and bounce between this and my semi 308 on the same load.