• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

hornady annealing

treymchattie

Private
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2011
Keller, Tx
so i picked up 2 boxes of hornady 6.5 creedmoor brass, one from midwayusa and one from cabelas.

opened the first box, reloaded those cases. popped open the next box, only to find that this box was annealed. not that i dont like annealing or anything, it sure sized easier, but i would like all my brass to be the same.

here's the kicker, it was the same lot number. anyone else run into this before?

Re: hornady annealing

10 mins in a tumblerB with some lemishine and SS media will get rid fix you right up. I'd just load'm and shoot'm.

im not concerned with how it looks, i have never worked with annealed brass and have no idea if it affects the way it shoots. i imagine it wouldnt. i shot 50 rounds half annealed and half not. didnt notice a difference, but i am still working on load development want to take out any possible variables.

All Hornady brass is annealed. They were polishing it then went to not polishing it as they said it created a burr in the mouth but there is still some out there that's polished. They are the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All Hornady brass is annealed. They were polishing it then went to not polishing it as they said it created a burr in the mouth but there is still some out there that's polished. They are the same. </div></div>
thanks for clearing that up, i feel a little better now.

"...i have never worked with annealed brass "

ALL cases are annealed at several points during manufactoring and as a final step; most get the discoloration tumbled off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fuzzball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"...i have never worked with annealed brass "

ALL cases are annealed at several points during manufactoring and as a final step; most get the discoloration tumbled off. </div></div>
you know what i meant smartass